navigation

Monday 26 October 2015

LUSH Seasonal Wishlist


October's a well-known month for us bloggers, vloggers and just general fanatics of all things LISH, as it is of course when the brand typically come out with the year's Halloween and Christmas Collection. Over the last year I've really gotten into LUSH and can now finally see what all the fuss is about - I think the launch of last year's seasonal range finally spurred me on to make a few purchases - so when it came time for 2015's drop, I was excited (as was pretty much everyone else). So before I make my way into my local store to invest in a few pieces from the new range (which will be very, very soon - no fear, a haul is most likely coming your way), I figured it a good idea to collate all the bits 'n' bobs I'm eyeing up to get my hands on and share them all with you lovely lot. As I've already tried some of LUSH's seasonal range before, I won't be featuring any of these on this wishlist as I want to focus on the new items added for this year, or simply the returnee's I didn't get a chance to sample before. Let's do this...

YOG NOG (£3.95 each) - Starting with bath bombs, this is most definitely a new release to the festive range, and something I for one am very excited to try. I've heard so many good things about the original soap version of this 'scent' (that's been around for ages) and in theory it does seem the type of product I would go for - with its sweetness of the fudge, but warm and spicy tinges of the cloves and nutmeg. From what I can see this is literally that in bath bomb form, so what more could you want?

STAR DUST (£2.95 each) - Another item I'm pretty confident is a completely new addition is this bath bomb. I like the look of this as like one of my personal favourites of the whole Christmas range - 'So White' - it's completely plain and neutral in colour on the outside, yet holds a bright, colourful core that explodes as soon as it enters your bathtub. Again like 'So White', I also like how the scent is very 'neutral' aswell and seemingly inoffensive - with hints of vanilla and rosewood. With all the other, stronger scents LUSH offer around this time of year, it's nice to see some which are a tad more on the subtle side of things so I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

SNOW MELT (£2.00 each) - Onto bath melts (the kind you literally plop into your bath and they melt away, leaving your bath silky-smooth feeling) and another new release is this little cutie. Shaped like an actual snowball (genius) and covered in pearlescent shimmer, with tinges of peppermint and lemon - this seems like the perfect bath time companion for when you just want to freshen yourself up a little. I don't usually go for LUSH products that are glitter-laden, but this one doesn't look too overpowered with he stuff - plus it's more shimmer than glitter - so I think I might just be able to cope with it. Plus the scent just sounds divine - mmhmmm.
 
PEEPING SANTA (£3.95 each) - Finally, onto bubble bars (which I think may just be my favourite kind of bath product in LUSH, maybe...) and once again - a new, never-before-seen item as far as I know. This one particularly intrigued me not only because of the darn cute design, but also the scent choice. All of my pervious selections so far in this post could be said to have at least some relevance to Christmas and the smells we typically associate with it. This one, however, is completely the opposite. A strawberry-scented bath item, this is a fair fruiter smell than we're used to this time of year, but hey, it makes a change and again, freshens things up a tad. The shea and cocoa butter-laden formula also makes me think this will be the perfect one to go for when my skin's in need of a drink.

CANDY MOUNTAIN (£2.95 each) - Last, but certainly by no means least - we have an item that is certainly not a new addition to the festive line-up. This one's been kicking around for yonks now and at last I want to make this year the one in which I give this a go. I do love my sweet-ish scents (I don't like them too sweet) and this lives up to that quota perfectly. If it smells and works as good as it looks, then we're onto a winner I'm sure.

2 comments:

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS