navigation

Friday 6 November 2015

A Mascara Freebie That Is Actually Rather Good...


Yes, I know - another freebie post. But hey, when it comes to beauty, there really is nothing better than when you don't even have to pay for it, eh? Especially when the item in question turns out to actually be really rather good indeed. And that is exactly the case when it comes to this mini sample of Clinique's High Impact Mascara...

As I'm sure most of you already know, Tanya Burr is the cover girl of this month's GLAMOUR magazine - exciting times! As a long-time fan of Tanya, I feel strangely proud, even though I've only ever met her briefly once. It's also always nice to see a fellow member of this whole online community doing well and showcasing just how dominant an area this is in society nowadays. Go Team Internet!
 
Anyway, moving on to the task in hand, and as a result of me inevitably buying myself a copy to have a little read-through, I was also presented with a free gift - always a bonus. Clinique were offering a choice between a sample tube of one of their moisturisers, two little minis of their 'Pop' Lipsticks and a small and dinky version of their High Impact Mascara. I opted for the latter, as I'm always up for trying a new lash offering out and have heard some good things about the ones Clinique bring to the table so I was excited to give it a go. And, in short - I'm really liking it.
 
In the first use it was already performing great things on my lashes - lengthening, curling and (after a second coat) adding some volume and thickness to the mix too. Everything stayed in place throughout the day without any flaking or smudging in sight and the effect itself had great lasting power too (anyone else find some mascaras to loose their effect on your lashes a while after application?). It also worked wonders on my lower lashes too, surprisingly, considering this version doesn't appear to be waterproof, and usually that's all my bottom set can handle.
 
The only downside? I've been enabled. Again...

2 comments:

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS