navigation

Monday 2 November 2015

Haulin' All The Liners


I always seem to go through phases with makeup. Sometimes I'm all about the base products and wish to indulge in all the foundations, concealers and powders only; whilst on other trips I emerge clutching more than just a few lip products in both hands. Last week when I last went in there, however, I seem to have been on a mission to get all the liners my life. Whether they were for drawing on the eyes or lips - one by one they each made their way into my basket and I'm not really sure why but let's get going and give you lovely lot a rundown on them all, eh?

First off, I picked up a liquid liner. I know, I know - shocker. Regular readers round these parts may have heard me bleating on about how I'm much more of a kohl gal nowadays compared to the liquid stuff that I used to be well into a few years back. But recently I've been watching far too many tutorials on the YouTubes from gals who just love drawing the stuff on their peepers at every opportunity and it's got the curiosity in my going again to pick up the pen and give it a go once more. So, on this shopping trip I made it my ultimate goal to finally commit to one to trial out. A few were circling round in my mind off of previous recommendations, but the one that I recall hearing about the most as of late is the Soap and Glory 'Supercat' Liner... so in my basket it went. I'm looking forward to trying this one out, as so many people rave about it saying how quick and easy it makes the whole winged liner thang so I will do just that and report back...
 
Now, after what I've just said about how I really want to get back into line of the liquid variety, I also picked up another kohl liner. Hear me out, please. While I am keen, I do still appreciate how good and effective a bit of kohl can be and know that even if I do really get back into the liquid stuff, I doubt my love for the pencil stuff will ever go away. And since the Collection Intense Colour Supersoft Kohl Pencil in 'Birdy Song' - a deep chocolate brown - I decided to finally try it in the black version - 'Black Magic' - as I love the formula so much. Creamy enough to apply without dragging or flaking and do some smudging if you want to, but waxy enough to hold in place and not slip 'n' slide to where you don't want it to be. Perfect.
 
Finally, let's move straight onto lips as this is the area I perhaps go slightly carried away and picked up more than a couple of shades. Ooops. I went especially to the Rimmel stand to pick up another 'East End Snob' liner, only to come away without it - #Fail. I did, however, in the process managed to pick up three other colours that I spied and fancied trying out, and they're all unique in my collection for a change! I went for two more of the 'Exaggerate Lip Liners' (a.k.a. the same range the aforementioned 'East End Snob' belongs to) as Rimmel have recently added a tonne more colours to that collection to go alongside their new 'The Only 1' Lipsticks so I plumped for 'Under My Spell', a deep berry purple that I believe was named after the lipstick of the same name, and 'You're All Mine', the shade that was responsible for me coming away without what I intended to as I actually picked this one up by mistake as it looked identical in packaging! When I got home I noticed a clear difference - 'You're All Mine' is more of a true baby pink, whilst 'East End Snob' sits more on the pinky-brown nude side of things - but I'm not too heartbroken as it's still a gorgeous shade I'm sure to get a lot of use out of. And who knows, maybe little old East End Snob may manage to jump into my shopping basket another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS