navigation

Saturday 26 December 2015

Moment Of Makeup - The Christmas Day Edition #DitsyDecember


With it being The Big Day yesterday and Boxing Day now upon us, I figured what better time - while others are most likely chatting all things related to The Sales - to instead drop by with a little makeup menu post of just what I slapped on my face this time yesterday. Let's get started...

I started off with my usual moisturiser to keep everything hydrated and applied a layer of my trusty Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer to both keep my makeup in place for as long as possible and to up that hydration level even more as this thing feels seriously moisture-boosting on the skin. I then went in with my Collection #ConcealAndLightLikeAPro Conceal and Correct Palette - taking the yellow corrector under my purple under-eye bags, the green over any redness (which for me, is a fair bit) and the highlighting shade over any areas I will be applying highlighter later - just to really lock in that glow. Foundation followed, with another Collection product - the Illuminating Touch Foundation in 'Ivory 2' - which I love as it's super-lightweight and comfortable on the skin but still gives just enough coverage to even everything out and - as the name would suggest - amps up that radiance factor. I then applied my concealer - surprise, surprise - the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in '01 Fair' - which you lot all know I just can't be without. This works for all my concealing needs, so I went in with this basically over all the areas I corrected my skin earlier - under my eyes and on any redness and any blemishes. If I did need anymore extra coverage, I went in with a tiny dab of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer in 'Porcelain'.
 
For the extra finishing touches on the skin I of course went straight for my holy grail bronzer - my Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer - which again, you guys know how much I adore. The two shades, once swirled together, just give a gorgeous glow to the skin and the colour matches up to my fair complexion perfectly - not too orange nor dark - just right. Using a big brush, I applied this to the tops of my forehead, my cheeks and slightly down my neck to make everything seamless. I skipped blush as it's not on my everyday rotation typically anyway and I wanted a red lip for this look so just moved straight onto highlighter. I obviously plumped for my ultimate companion for all things highlighting - theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter - and using a fan brush, applied this liberally to the very tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, on and above my brow bone and on my cupids bow. SO DARN GLOWY. I then contoured ever so slightly with the Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Kit in 'Medium/Dark' - taking the contour shade in the hollows of my cheeks, slightly on my temples and on my jawline. And that is the complexion complete!
 
For eyes, I of course started with my brows and used my usual duo of products - my L'Oreal Brow Artiste Pencil in 'Blonde' and Soap and Glory's Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil and Brush in 'Hot Chocolate' - and used a combination of the two to make my brows more like brows again. The former I usually take on the inner section as it's lighter and so looks less harsh, while the latter - being a darker colour and smaller pencil - creates deeper, stronger strokes so is ideal for defining the arch and tail of my brows. I then set them with Maybelline's Brow Drama in 'Transparent' which just adds some hold but without adding anymore colour to the situation. I then moved onto my eyes themselves and for this look, I wanted to go down the stereotypical (but still very pretty and Christmassy indeed) gold eyes, winged liner and lots of lashes. It's a classic, yanno? While during the rest of the year I like to veer more on the 'bronze' side of gold, during the festive season it's all about the yellow-y variation and so this is exactly what I went for. I first off took my Maybelline 'The Nudes' Eyeshadow Palette and took the gold shade three pans in from the right on the bottom row and using a flat-topped eyeshadow brush, packed this onto the inner section of my eye, not taking it any further than the middle of my lid. I then switched palettes and used my other one from Maybelline - The 'Blushed Nudes' Eyeshadow Palette - and took the copper shade on the very left on the bottom row and used the same brush to pack this onto the lid, beginning at just slightly before where the gold shade finished so the two overlapped, taking this right over to the outer end of the mobile lid. I then took an angled brush to blend any harsh edges out and make the whole thing much more 'profesh'-looking. To finish off the eyes, I took my Soap and Glory's Supercat Liner and used this to create a thin-but-not-too-thin line, winging it out slightly and covered my top lashes in hundreds of coats of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in 'Very Black' and my bottom lashes in a coat of Benefit's Roller Lash (which seems to be the best mascara I own at the moment for managing to not smudge on lower lashes throughout the day). For the final, final finishing touch - as it's Christmas Day - I used my Collection Glam Crystals Glittering Gel Liner in 'Funk' (a gorgeous metallic gold) and took some of this onto the back of my hand and used my ring finger to press some onto the centre of my lid for that added sparkle. Oh yeahhh.
 
Finally, it's lips time and like I said earlier - Christmas for me just screams 'red lip' - and so that is exactly the look I went for. After some prior swatching a few days before the 25th, I decided on my Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in '110 Kiss Of Life'. I wanted a matte formula as I needed something that was really going to last throughout the day with minimal need for touch-ups and the colour of this is also an absolute beaut. I first off lined my lips with MUA's Lip Liner in 'Red Drama' to help me find the outline of my lips and make them appear as full as possible, and then on the lippie itself went. A real true, classic Christmassy red that's not too bright nor too dark - it just hits that sweet spot in the middle and I love it.
 
I hope you all had a lovely, lovely Christmas and are enjoying your Boxing Day so far! What makeup did you choose for The Big Day yesterday? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photograph. X
    http://overthebridgebee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thankyou so much! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS