navigation

Friday 4 December 2015

New In At The Drugstore - Winter Edition #DitsyDecember


After a couple of trips to Boots and Superdrug recently, I noticed a fair few new bits had popped up in the makeup aisles, so of course in they went into my basket and now I'm ready to unload my findings with you lot in another 'New In At The Drugstore'! If you're yet to see any of these kind of posts before on my little corner of the Interwebz, I'll link up the rest of them here if you fancy a gander. My previous ones have mostly all been seasonally-themed, so of course this time it's the 'Winter Edition'. Let's get started...
 
Kicking things off with new releases for Collection, and they are completely killing it recently with new launches left, right and centre, and while it barely seems a month ago they were promoting something new - they've done it again and come out with a range of palettes. Now they already have a collection (geddit?) of eyeshadow palettes in their 'Eyes Uncovered' line which I love and their collaboration palette with Little Mix is also one of my faves so when I heard they were launching another range - expanding into face palettes aswell as those for the peepers - I was excited. There are four palettes in total; '#BlushAndGlow', a blush/bronzer/highlight hybrid; '#FaceTheDay, a complete face palettes comprising of cheeks powders and a selection of eyeshadows, '#ConcealAndLightLikeAPro', a concealer/corrector palette and '#YourStyleYourMood, a eyeshadow palette divided into two different looks. The latter two were the ones I picked up as I felt they were the ones that interested me the most and I would actually *hopefully* get a lot of use out of. '#ConcealAndLightLikeAPro' (£5.99 - currently on offer for £3.99) is claimed to 'cover blemishes and imperfections using the concealer, brighten dark circles with the yellow shade, revive dull skin using the purple shade, neutralise redness with the green shade and sculpt and highlight features with the highlighter - an all in one convenient palette!'. The palette comprises of eight different cover-ups to supposedly conceal, correct and brighten the face - and on appearance, looks to be a close dupe for some higher-end counterparts. I'm certainly looking forward to giving this a go and seeing just how well it fares! #YourStyleYourMood (£5.99 - currently on offer for £3.99) is claimed to 'allow you to create the perfect eye look to reflect your style. Whether you are rocking an evening outfit or opting for a more casual daytime look these easy to blend shades allow you to create a nude, brown or plum eye.' This palette is handily separated into two - one side full of browns, golds and olives; and the other packed with more pinky, plumy tones. There are a couple of matte shadows, with the other eight being shimmer-central so this palette does offer diversity and should appeal to most eyeshadow lovers. The colours deviate nicely from the typical 'neutral' hues that often adorn palettes for the peepers these days; while still keeping everything very wearable and not too 'out there'. I cannot wait to crack this little beauty out...

Moving onto Bourjois and I have one new release from them that I believe was launched last month perhaps or sometimes the month before. I am a big fan of their Rogue Edition Velvet Lipsticks (£8.99 each), much like everyone else. They're amazing - so long-lasting, easy to apply and they dry down to a matte finish yet are completely comfortable on the lips. SO GOOD! So when I saw a new shade had been added to the bunch, I knew it had to be mine at some point. This is 'Plum Plum Girl' and would you believe it - it's a plum shade! As always, Bourjois claim these lippies to be 'bold, matte and long-lasting colour with 24hr hold. It's lightweight, velvety texture and non-drying formula gives extreme comfort that doesn't smudge!' Like I said, I have a few of these already and love them so I'm pretty confident this one will be no different. The shade is - as I mentioned - a gorgeous deep pinky plum that's just spot-on for this time of year. I am itching to crack this one out properly but on first look - it's another 'round of applause' moment for Bourjois.

Onto bits from Maybelline and having a browse through the aisles of Boots, I came across some new items I hadn't seen before, plus something I've been eyeing up for a while ever since I spotted it online and was so disappointed to discover it was US only at that time. Well, it seems that item in question has finally landed over here at last, so of course in that went into my basket aswell! Starting with the two newbies I hadn't heard about before making that unnecessary much-need trip to the Mothership are the Maybelline  Eyestudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Cream Gel Eyeshadows (£4.99 each) in the 'Creamy Mattes' collection. They've launched two shades so far and they are 'Crème De Nude' and 'Crème De Rose'. Now, you all know how much of a fangirl I go over the cream eyeshadows from Maybelline - much like every other beauty lover out there. For under a fiver a pop, they're brilliant both on their own as a simple eye look or as a base for powder shadows to be layered over the top of. They apply and blend out easy-peasy and once manoeuvred onto the lid - they set there and don't budge. This new formula claim to, on top of that, be a 'innovative pigment technology for a super-saturated colour, now in a matte finish.' For me, this screams 'primer'. Unlike the other Color Tattoos which more often than not are shimmery and leave a slightly glossy look to the lids; these are being marketed as being far more stripped-back - with a plain, matte formula. The two colours - one more yellow-toned and the other more pinky - are also very inoffensive shade-wise and would work brilliantly I imagine under pretty much any eyeshadow you own. I shall give them a testing and report back, but for now, these are looking promising. Onto a palette and the item I mentioned earlier is one I've eyed up before, only to find it was at that time a US-only item! However, now it seems to at last have made its way onto home ground and I am very happy indeed. Introducing, the Maybelline 'The Blushed Nudes' Eyeshadow Palette (£9.99). You'll know if you're a regular reader round these parts how much I love the Maybelline 'The Nudes' Palette. It has to be up there with one of my favourite neutral palettes of all time (and that's a bold claim) so for them to be launching a sister to it - one that's more pink-toned - is even more up my street. Maybelline claim this to be 'curated to create infinite sensuous looks, infused with rose gold pigments for bolder blushes, provocative plums, and risque roses'. This really does feature some gorgeous shades and ones I do feel were missing from the original 'The Nudes' palette - albeit ones that were obviously not appropriate for that particular collection but slot in perfectly into this one. I do feel on first look that for me, the shade selection perhaps isn't as bang-on as it was in the first palette, however the majority of the shades I am already in love with and cannot wait to give a go!

Finally, onto one new item I spotted amongst the L'Oreal counter. Their 'Infallible' base line just keeps expanding at the moment - first it was the basic foundation, then the matte version, primer, powder and now a setting spray! This is the 'Infallible Fixing Mist' (£7.99) and of course I was gonna pick one of these bad boys up, eh? Being a huge fan of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - but not so much of its price tag - I was more than pleased to finally see a slightly more cheaper alternative sneak its way into the aisles of the drugstore. This claims to 'set and extend your make-up, for that 'just applied' look. Anti-melt, anti-fade, anti-crack with a micro-fine texture'. Like I said, I am very happy to finally see some more affordable brands at last branching out into the realms of makeup finishing sprays and on first glance, this could well become a good dupe for my Urban Decay one - who knows...

And that just about concludes my final edition of 'New In At The Drugstore' for 2015! I've really loved putting together these posts throughout these past few months (both seasonal and more 'off the cuff' versions aswell) and I hope to continue this series well into the next coming year, so long as you lovely lot enjoy reading them as much as I do assembling them! Have you seen anything there that's taken your fancy? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you tomorrow morning for another #DitsyDecember post - the first weekend edition!

2 comments:

  1. i've been looking for the blushed nude palette for so long since i saw it on Instagram! i didn't even know it was out in the UK until i read this post:-p love this haul xxx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I'm so glad I managed to finally get my hands on one! Knew it may also be useful for some other people out there too to know it's out at last so glad to be of help! Aw, thankyou so much! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS