navigation

Monday 28 December 2015

New Year's Nude Lip #DitsyDecember

You know me - I love a good nude lip. Of course, bolds have their time and place too but for an easy, everyday appropriate option for all occasions - neutral pouts are the one for me. Especially on New Year's Eve...

As I'll be going out 'n' about this New Year's, I've already made plans on my lip choice for the night and it just had to be one of the nude variety. With lots going on - mainly involving drinking and dancing - I don't want to be worrying about my lipstick going all over the place and needing to touch up when really, they're won't be any time to. So, instead come the 31st December I will be reaching for one lip combo only. My Rimmel Kate Moss Nude Lipstick in '45' is a firm favourite of mine when it comes to nude lips. Heck, I think it may even top this year's 'Best Nude Lipstick' category in my 2015 Favourites (coming soon!). A perfect nude with just enough hints of all the usual suspects - pink, beige, brown and so on - and a colour that acts as my kind of preferred nude shade; matching in with my lip colour almost identically as opposed to washing it out. It's a winner.

However, with my lip line being rather a little uneven (anyone else in the same boat?), even when applying a nude lip option, I can find things to look a little undefined and out of shape. So, for me, a little lip liner in a similar shade always helps things out a tad. My weapon of choice has to be the L'Oreal Les Lip Liner Couture by Colour Riche in 'Beige A Nu'. This matches up to both my natural lip hue and the Rimmel lipstick pretty much to a tee and so works a treat when used to line my lips - making them look fuller and more even - and also helps everything become much more long-lasting.

Are you going out for New Years? If so, what lip option do you think you'll be rocking in a few days time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS