navigation

Thursday 24 December 2015

Pre-Christmas Pamper #DitsyDecember


While in Christmas Eve's of past as a child were frequently spent getting majorly excited for the impending arrival of Father Christmas that evening - nowadays as an 18 year old I personally like to waste away the latter half of the day pampering and preening myself to perfection (well, kinda) all ready for the following morning. Fancy hearing all about what's on the menu for this year's pamper routine? Carry on reading...

I usually start off my pamper sesh by taking my makeup off from the day and doing all the necessary steps to pamper my complexion. I use my trusty Garnier Micellar Water as always to take all my slap off and my Nivea 2-in-1 Cleanser and Toner to act as my second cleanse to make sure all my makeup's thoroughly removed and my actual skin itself is cleaned. I follow with the St Ives Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub to get rid of all the dead skin and general impurities on my face and then apply a face mask to get to work while I'm in my bath - nine times out of ten it's a Montagne Jeunesse one.

For pamper bath-times in Winter there's nothing I love using more than a good 'ole LUSH product of some kind. I think tonight specifically a 'Peeping Santa' Bubble Bar may just be on the cards (smells of strawberries, turns your bath a bright red that doesn't look that appealing but I can bypass it) however who knows - it may well change. Once in the bath, the first thing I like to do is exfoliate and for this I always go straight for my Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. I love the 'Sugar Crush' range in general and this scrub is no exception to the rule. It buffs away, but doesn't leave my skin feeling irritated or dry and the smell is just divine. I then have a quick shave with my Venus Spa Breeze (TMI?) and then lie back and attempt to switch-off and relax for as long as I can until I can't bear being in the bathwater any longer. Once out of the bath, I straight away remove my face mask which by then has hopefully worked its magic and I lie to personally leave the more moisturising steps of my night-time skincare routine, so instead I move onto more bodycare bits. I slather myself in a body cream such as the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Butter (can you tell I love this range?) and then get back into my nightwear and dressing gown to get myself all cosy and warm again.

I usually then head off downstairs to paint my nails and as it's Christmas-time - it's a fingers and toes jobby here. Yanno those times when you want to feel fully pampered? That. I'm yet to actually pinpoint my exact 'look' I want to go for during this Christmas, but rest assured a post will be coming a couple of days after documenting just what did end up making its way onto my beds (fingers only - don't worry, no toe shots here!) and one thing I can guarantee is that it will be glittery. Obvs. I also like to carry out a full nail care routine during the whole process, and so remove any polish I already had on, give things a trim-down and a file and buff and go all out with my base/top coats. In terms of nail care, I personally love using my Maybelline Dr Rescue SOS Nail Balm to moisturise my cuticles and generally massaging it over my whole nail to give them a hit of hydration; and the Maybelline Dr Rescue Quick Dry Nail Drops are also fab for that finishing 'I need my nails dry NOW' touch.

Later on in the evening, right before bed, is usually when I finish the rest of my pamper routine off and this typically starts with completing my night-time skincare. I apply my night cream (Nivea's Sensitive Night Cream) and eye cream (Superdrug's Vitamin E Eye Cream) and then spritz myhself with some of the Superdrug Vitamin E Moisturising Face Mist to lock in that final dose of hydration for my poor dry skin. Once my night-time skincare is all done and dusted, I do the usual things everyone likes to do before they head off to the land of sleepy times - brush teeth, hair etc. - and then it's time for the final couple of touches. I love giving my tootsies that extra lovin', especially this time of year when things are especially dry and cracked - and so the Soap and Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream is a must to be slathered all over my feet before them being encased in some very snuggly slipper socks. I also, right before I turn the light out, have to give some attention to my hands aswell (another area which is extra prone to getting all dehydrated and damaged during the Winter months) and again - another Soap and Glory product - but their Hand Food Hand Cream really is the best out there. I've been using it for absolute years and I still to this day find it to be the best for my digits.

And that just about wraps up my pamper night that I just love to carry out the night before The Big Day! What items/products would make up your prefect night of 'Me Time'? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS