navigation

Friday 22 January 2016

An Update To My Brow Routine...


You know me - I'm pretty 'safe' when it comes to my brows. In the last year I found a combo that really worked for me and those face-framers and haven't really looked at swapping anything out or adding anything else into the mix since. I use the L'Oreal Brow Artiste Pencil in 'Blonde' for the basic shape of my brows, before going in with the Soap and Glory Archery Pencil in 'Hot Chocolate' on the latter half and arch to make things there a tad darker and more defined. However, a while back it got me thinking that perhaps a new addition would be welcome. I never actually use anything to 'set' my brows such as a brow mascara (I know - shocker), and whenever I've tried one before it's never managed to impress me so much as to become part of the everyday crew. That was until now...

After watching far too many makeup tutorials on YouTube recently and just generally reading blog posts, I noticed a common theme. Everyone seems to use some form of brow mascara on their brows nowadays. They really appear to have took off in popularity, whether in a clear version to simply provide some hold and structure, or in a tinted variety to also add some more depth to the brows and ensure there are no missed out sparse areas. Being the beauty addict I am and a sucker for any kind of recommendation from the online beauty community, I just had to give the whole concept another go and when thinking of just which one to pick up - there was one in particular that came to mind first. The L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper is one that appears to be the most favoured and raved-about in terms of what you can find in the depths of the drugstore. Seeing as I'm already a big fan of their pencil from the same 'Brow Artiste' range, it just seemed common sense to pick this one up and so far, I am not disappointed.

I picked this up in the 'Medium/Dark' shade, as I generally find that in order for these kinds of products to really make a difference and create a bit of texture in the brow compared to the lighter brow pencil I use, it's best to plump (ha) for a deeper tone. In comparison to the last brow mascara I tried - Maybelline's Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara - this possesses more of a traditional wand as opposed to Maybelline's spherical tipped offering. It's a decent size - not too large nor too small - and I feel it would suit all shapes and sizes of brows and would not cause any application difficulties. For me, this fits the width of my brows almost perfectly, meaning I can literally swipe it over and it's caught pretty much all the hairs in my brow. It's also packed full of fibres aswell as the standard vows to set the pesky blighters and perhaps add colour too and so acts in a similar way to a mascara for your lashes - giving more length to your existing set and creating the illusion of more lashes. Being a gal with naturally sparse brows, this certainly works wonders for me. I wouldn't necessarily say this transforms my brows into Cara Delevingne worthy status, but it certainly helps to put some more 'oomph' into them and so that - combined with the tint and hold it provides - means this may just become my new go-to for certain situations. Those times when I seriously don't have the minutes on the clock to do a full face of makeup, or in the warmer months when the thought of wearing tonnes of makeup on my face fills me with dread? L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper - you're in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS