navigation

Monday 18 January 2016

My New Diary (And Why It's The Best One I've Had So Far)...


I used to religiously buy a diary every single year, each time promising myself that I would be more successful in using it and the whole concept wouldn't get tiring beyond the end of January. Every year I failed. With no sign of any improvement, I finally figured it was best to stop this cycle a couple of years back and up until this year that was the last time I owned a diary of any form. That was until now... 

I was lucky enough to be bought the Sprinkle Of Glitter 2016 Diary as one of my Christmas presents and I was very happy indeed. I had eyed it up as a potential purchase previously when Louise first announced its release on her channel, however part of me was dubious - mainly due to the reason stated at the start of this post. Would I actually use it or would it simply reside on my bedside table for the majority of the year? But I suppose when it was gifted to me for Christmas, my thoughts changed a little. I don't know about you lot, but when I get given something as a gift, it makes me more motivated to actually make good use out of it as opposed to if I'd have bought it for myself. Strange? I want to feel like their time, effort and money wasn't wasted so perhaps this waiting for me under the Christmas tree was quite the blessing in disguise.

So, ever since I opened it on the 25th of last month, I've pledged to myself to use it every single day. I started by filling in all the necessary birthdays and appointments for the upcoming year and since it began have also been filling things in as we go along. I'd already thought before about how I'd like to track my year a little more in-depth, with this year looking *hopefully* rather promising - so this will be the perfect thing to look back on at the end of 2016.

A diary that's not sitting there gathering dust for once and that I'm in fact really enjoying using so far. What's going on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS