navigation

Friday 15 January 2016

Rimmel Haul


It's been a while since I've hauled some items from the depths of the drugstore (I know - shocking information right there), what with Christmas and everything associated with me generally being a bit broke in December leading me to not buy much at all during the last month of the year. However, with my bank balance looking much healthier again, I felt it was time for me to pick up some items I'd been thinking of adding to my collection for a little while - and coincidently, they're all from the same brand. Welcome to my Rimmel Haul...

I have to admit, almost all of these were bought off the back of YouTube-based recommendations as that just seems to be the source of the majority of my beauty lusting these days. I've seen a few mentions of the Rimmel Manif'eyes Mono Eyeshadow in 'Millionaire' and so, naturally, it was only a matter of time before I at last went to have a gander at it myself. I don't often buy single shadows nowadays as I'm pretty loyal to my palettes (mainly for convenience purposes), however this looks to be the perfect everyday-appropriate neutral shimmer for days when you just want to put something on the eyes but don't want to go too 'out there' or spend ages making loads of effort. Also on the eyes-front, I picked up the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick by Kate Moss in 'Rose Gold'. This I've heard Amy Farquhar talk about many a time before in her YouTube videos and while I'm not usually the biggest fan of cream eyeshadows in stick form, this looks very creamy in formula and the colour is so different to the types of shades you typically see in ranges of products like this, I just had to pick it up to give a go. A copper/rose gold with some shimmer running through it - I can picture this looking fab in the Spring/Summer washed all over the lid, blended out and paired with a heck of a tonne of mascara. Oh yeah.

Moving onto lips and I plumped for two products from this category also. Both from being from the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner range - a collection of lip lines that I've sampled from before and have loved what I've tried. Again, I saw Amy mention these on her channel one time, saying she'd picked them up on recommendation from Sam - one half of the Pixiwoo sisters. I like to think of Sam and Nic as knowing their stuff when it comes to makeup and so that's just the kind of testament that leads me to make a purchase. The shades in question are 'Addiction' and 'Obsession' and, surprisingly, they're not shades I've ever really noticed before from the collection but I'm very glad they have finally been pointed out to me. The former is a shade that looks to me to be very close in hue to my fave nude liner of the moment - L'Oreal's Colour Riche Couture Lip Liner in 'Beige A Nu' - in that it's a brown-based nude with the slightest hint of pink in it, combining together to make a shade that matches up to my natural lip colour almost identically. The latter is perhaps more unique in my current collection and it's a little different to what I've seen or used before. The best way I can describe it as is simply a 'berry nude'. It's got that purple tinge to it, but with (again) a very brown base to tone it down and make it less of a bold, bright colour and more a neutral that simply sits on the darker side of things.

All in all, a very successful shopping trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS