navigation

Monday 11 January 2016

New Christmas Beauty Bits


Yes, yes - I know - it's now nearing mid-January (already?) and I'm still banging on about Christmas. However, I'm justifying it with the tagline that "It's not technically a 'What I Got For Christmas'-type post anyway" and that's because it's true. Most people would have done that sort of update already so it can be put behind us and we can move on and focus our thoughts firmly on 2016, but I'm doing things a little differently. Instead of doing an entire festive round-up on everything I got this Yuletide, I decided to instead keep things a little more light in content and simply share with you lovely lot all the beauty-related bumf I was lucky enough to be gifted. So, it's not a 'What I Got For Christmas', and that makes it ok - yeah? Let's get started...

REAL TECHNIQUES DELUXE HOLIDAY GIFT SET - Kicking things off with my favourite topic of all - makeup - and the one beauty-related gift I was fortunate enough to receive this year that I was perhaps the most excited about. As you may remember, this featured in my 'What's On My Christmas Wishlist' post sometime early on in #DitsyDecember and that was because I was secretly hoping that it may somehow find its way under my Christmas tree and I'm very glad to say it did. I own a lot of makeup brushes, but I always seem to justify adding more to my ever-growing collection and this fits the bill for that requirement nicely. And it's a Real Techniques gift set - I just can't seem to pass up on lusting after pretty much every limited edition set they bring out. So I guess whatever happened, I would have eventually picked this one up too but instead Father Christmas listened to my prayers and come Christmas morning - there it was. I love the look of this kit especially as it features a couple of my most favourite RT brushes (meaning I'll now have two!) and a few newbies that you can only get your hands on in this set. I can't wait to open it up and give it a go!

AVON (TRUE COLOUR EYESHADOW QUAD, GLIMMERSTICK EYE PENCIL, SUPER SHOCK MASCARA AND LIPSTICK) - The second and final makeup featuring in this post comes from a few bits from Avon I was gifted. I've tried the odd piece or two from them before and having been wrapped up some of their makeup previously, already highly rate their 'Glimmerstick' Kohl Eyeliners. So I was very happy to open a sparkly clutch bag up to find a few new bits 'n' bobs to try along with one of the very liners in question in a different shade! This is a straight-up 'Black' so a good staple to have in my collection and I've no doubt that the formula of this will be just as good as all the others I've tried. I also was given one of their True Colour Eyeshadow Quads in a pinky/brown shade selection (ideal for an everyday neutral eye), a lipstick in a medium pink with a touch of shimmer running through it and a Super Shock Mascara that I'm very much eager to give a go as I've heard many a good thing about Avon lash offerings so I will certainly report back on my thoughts...

SIMPLE 'GIFT OF CARE' SET - Moving swiftly onto the topic of skincare and I received one gift this Christmas that fell under this category and it comes from Simple. As you ay recall, I've tried a few bits from Simple in the past and really rate their facial moisturisers so I was very happy to see that this comes with one full-sized version from their vast selection. This set contains the 'Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser' and having tried and loved their 'Vital Vitamin' Day and Night Creams before, I'm hoping this will be just as good, if not better. This kit also comes with a pack of the Simple 'Kind To Skin Facial Cleansing Wipes' which I'm not planning to use for the primary purpose as (like you may know) I tend to avoid face wipes entirely these days - and have done for quite some time now - as I prefer to 'cleanse' my skin in better ways that my skin agrees with a little more. Instead, I'm going to use these like all the other face wipes I use nowadays - and that is for removing makeup off the back of my hand or fingers when doing my makeup. Sorted.

SOAP AND GLORY 'ONCE UPON A LIME' GIFTSET - Body-care wise (as with most Christmases), this is the department that most of my beauty bits 'n' bobs fall into and that's mainly because it's probably the 'easiest' type of beauty gift to buy and just as always, this year I got some lovely things - this little set being one of them. Now, anyone that knows me knows that I am a big fan of all things Soap and Glory, and especially their 'Sugar Crush' range. It has to be my ultimate favourite scent they offer - full citrusy, sweet (but not too sweet) goodness - and I use and love all the items I've tried from the collection. And so you may have remembered this also cropping up in my 'Christmas Wishlist' post last month as when I spotted it online, I just knew it had to go straight on my list to Father Christmas. This basically contains minis of each and every product in the 'Sugar Crush' range (most I've tried, a couple I haven't) - including a new 'Hand Food' hand cream in the same scent! The latter excited me the most as their Hand Food has to be my top pick when it comes to pampering my paws and so, combined with the 'Sugar Crush' theming - it just has to be a winner, right?

ALONG CAME BETTY 'CREAM OF ALL CREAMS' BODY LOTION AND 'HANDS THAT DO WISHES' DRY HAND LOTION - More from the pampering arena and these are two little individual minis that popped up in the contents of my stocking this year - Thanks Mum! - and I'm looking forward to giving them a go. I think this brand is supposedly the Tesco version of my beloved Soap and Glory (similar branding etc.) and so hopefully these will go down just as well. As you can see, I got two little sample-sized items - one a body lotion and the other a hand cream. Both of these types of items I always have room for in my stash as they're the type of things I use regularly and so go through quickly so no doubt I'll be working my way through these two before we know it. Both of these have a fresh, fruity scent (my favourite kind) as far as I can see and so these look rather promising indeed...

LUSH 'CINDERS' AND 'THINK PINK' BATH BOMBS - Finally for bah and body are two items I'm also very happy about receiving (of course I am happy with everything, but obviously some items excite me even more!) - and they come from LUSH. Over the past year or so, I have really gotten myself into the whole 'bath bomb' thing and have found myself a fair few favourites from the whole collection (both standard and limited edition) that LUSH offer. So I was very lucky indeed to receive a couple for this Christmas and they just so happen to fall into that aforementioned 'Top Picks' category. 'Cinders' is one of my faves from the festive line as it incorporates the warming, cinnamon-central scents I really like; while 'Think Pink' is more fresh and florally (and it makes your bath pink - always a bonus!)

TRESEMME STYLE GIFT SET - And last bit certainly not least is the haircare department and I have two gifts I was fortunate enough to be gifted and am very much looking forward to using. I received this hair set from TRESemme and as you may know by now - I am a big fan of their haircare. This kit features a few of my faves, as well as a few items I'm yet to give a go and so this looks a promising one. They're all from the '24 Hour Body' range, and from what I can recall the Shampoo and Conditioner are good'uns and do a pretty good job of adding some more 'oomph' to my hair - which does have the tendency to look rather flat sometimes. Alongside those two, this kit also boasts a hairspray and root boosting spray  - meaning I'm all ready to put back some  much-needed volume back into my locks. Bring it on...

LEO BANCROFT ULTIMATELY INTENSE DEEP MOISTURE MASK - And concluding this rather rambly post is a little something my Mum also put in my stocking and it is this hair mask sachet. I love a good hair treatment (hence my love for the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle) and especially at this time of year as my hair tends to be even drier and uncooperative. I have never heard of this particular brand before but I do love trying out new things and it'll be interesting to see just how good a job this does on my locks in terms of making things much softer and sleeker. Once again - I'll be reporting back to you lovely lot no doubt about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS