navigation

Friday 12 February 2016

Polish Pick: Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Effect in 'Acai Smoothie'


If you read Wednesday's 'New In At The Drugstore' post (here), you may remember that I picked up a few bits 'n' bobs from Barry M's new Spring '16 Collection. As well as bringing out a selection of new products, they've also added some very seasonally-appropriate hues to their pre-existing nail ranges, so of course I picked a couple up to give a go. One of them being this very lacquer I'm about to showcase to you lovely lot right now...

Introducing, 'Acai Smoothie' - a shade of four newbies to be added to their 'Gelly' collection. From what I remember, the rest of the Spring drop is comprised of a couple of classic nude shades and a light baby pink, though it was this little beauty that stood out for me and made it the one I plumped for. It sits slightly less on the pastel side of things like the other three, though it's still fairly light in colour and classifies nicely as the type of shade we all tend to gravitate towards as the (hopefully) warmer weather approaches. I personally don't like my lighter shades too light anyway, so for me this is perfect level of pale - and probably explains why the other three in this launch didn't excite me as much!

In terms of the actual colour in question, it's kind of a tough one to really pin down. It's not like anything else I own in my collection already - shock horror - but I think it fills a certain void in my nail polish arena nicely. I'd say the best way I can describe it as is a sort of dusky, pinky-purple - it's got a kind of rosey hint to it that just adds that warmth that traditional purple hues don't tend to have, but with a slightly grey undertone that keeps things a little more subtle and chic on the beds. It's kind of a rarity these days to find a lighter nail colour which isn't overly bright and obvious, but I seemed to have finally found one in this little beauty and I am very happy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS