navigation

Monday 8 February 2016

The Mascara That Does The Job And Is A Complete Bargain...


Back in the day, when I first got into properly using makeup (and all I ever really used was some concealer, eye pencil and mascara) my lash offering of choice was always Collection's Supersize Fat Lash Mascara. It did the job - adding good amounts of length, volume and separation - but also being a complete steal at only £2.99, ideal for my very tight pocket money budget at the time. Then came my first part-time job, and so the amount of money I had to play with became that little bit larger and so I moved on to mascaras slightly higher up on the price scale (still mostly drugstore, though). You know the ones. However, I do still find myself in the situation occasionally when I really am in desperate need of a new one and - due to some mysterious reason (#FeelingSpendy) - my funds perhaps won't stretch to a Maybelline one, or it may even just be the case that I want to pick one up that I've tried before and know works well for my lashes. Then, I come back to this...

It's a pretty basic mascara set-up, with plain pink packaging and a rather standard bristle brush with no obvious 'special' feature, unless you include its tapered end that makes it ideal for really getting into all those pesky lashes at the corners. The brush differs from the more curved ones I'm used to now - and that feature on basically all my favourites from Maybelline - but I still find it does a really good job indeed. As I said earlier, this gives really great amounts of volume and helps to 'beef up' the lashes and make the appear very full, but separates them just enough so they avoid the whole clumpy and spidery look *shudders*. It delivers well on the length side of things and leaves the lashes with a lovely curled, lifted effect and while the mascara doesn't claim to be waterproof - on me, this stuff stays put without any smudging or flaking in sight. All in all, for under a fiver - this is a seriously good mascara. Haven't tried it yet? You know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS