navigation

Monday 21 March 2016

Beauty Brand Favourites (REVISITED) - Collection

 
You may well be reading the title of this post thinking - 'I'm sure I recognise this from somewhere?' - and you would be right. I have indeed done this post once before in the past (here, if you fancy a gander), but just as I did last month with my Maybelline version, I feel things could so with updating and so that's exactly what I'm going to do for you lovely lot today. It's time for anther 'Beauty Brand Favourites'...

Primed and Ready Reviving and Anti-Fatigue Illuminating Primer in 'Cool Rose' - Kicking off proceedings as usual with any goodies from the 'base' department and this new primer from the brand has become a firm favourite of mine these past couple of months since I found it. Being a fan of anything that promises a 'glowy' effect, I was eager to try this out and so far I haven't been disappointed. This gives a lovely radiance to my skin, but in a super subtle way (no glitter-laden formula to be seen here). Because of this, I can get away with quite literally spreading this all over my face, though I suppose you could just simply apply it to any highlighting areas if you fancied too. Aswell as making my skin look a tad more dewy, it also does a good job at acting as a primer should - keeping things in place all day long and retaining the same fresh finish.
 
Illuminating Touch Foundation - Next up is a foundation and up until a while back, I hadn't really had an interest in sampling the bases Collection offer. Then I saw the arrival of this one to the range and then, I was lucky enough to win one in a giveaway on the brand's Instagram and haven't looked back since. This is probably the cheapest foundation I've ever tried, though I think it certainly surpasses its low price tag. As the name would suggest, this delivers an illuminated appearance to the skin and feels very hydrating and lightweight. It's definitely not super high in coverage, but it has just enough to even things out and it has a lovely natural finish. I really, really like this stuff - so much so that after using my free bottle all up, a repurchase was made pretty much immediately. Now that is the sign of a good foundation.
 
Lasting Perfection Concealer - Let's get the inevitable inclusion out the way now, shall we? This was always gonna make an appearance in this post - as it's hands down my favourite concealer, full stop. I'm pretty sure this has cropped up in its fair share of posts round these parts so I won't risk sounding like a broken record and going on another rave about it yet again. Instead, I'll simply say that this is an awesome concealer. If you haven't tried this yet (where have you been?) then go out and buy a tube, now. It's cheap as chips and will solve all your concealing dilemmas from bags to blemishes and everything in-between. You seriously won't regret it.
 
Eyes Uncovered Eyeshadow Palettes - Onto eyes and I have two loves from this category to share with you all. This first one is more of an umbrella term for a 'collection' of palettes (geddit?) from the brand that in my opinion, are all kinds of awesome. Yes, the packaging isn't that great, but for the budget price and what's actually inside - I ain't complaining. Each holds six shadows, making them great in terms of keeping things condensed for travelling and in every one I own there are no 'filler' shades that I can never visualise myself using. You can do everything from a natural, everyday look to a more dramatic finish suitable for night-time and the quality of the shadows themselves is brilliant. Creamy, easy to apply and blend, with limited fall down and great lasting power. I have a fair few of the different ones they do and there's bound to be something there for everyone and for £2.99 - you really cannot go wrong.
 
Intense Colour Supersoft Kohl Pencils - Finally, we have once again more of a collective term for a couple of eyeliners from Collection that really float my boat. These are pencil liners, though have a similar formulation to all my other favourites when it comes to kohls. Creamy enough to glide onto the eye and blend out if you fancy, though with an ability to set down to a more long-lasting finish that stays put all day long after a few seconds. I have both a straight-up brown and black in my collection and when I ever need a more 'standard' shade of pencil liner, these are the two that I turn to. Ain't nothing wrong with playing it safe sometimes...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You definitely should - they've got some great products out at the moment! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS