navigation

Monday 4 April 2016

Beauty Brand Favourites (REVISITED) - Rimmel


It's time for the third 'episode' of my newest series on Dainty Ditsy. You may well be reading the title of this post thinking - 'I'm sure I recognise this from somewhere? - and you would be right. If you fancy reading the two posts of this style I've done previously then I will link them up here and here, but in summary - I'm taking a brand I did for my 'Beauty Brand Favourites' series way, way back in the early days of this blog that I feel could do with updating and doing exactly that. It's time for another 'Beauty Brand Favourites: Revisited'...

Lasting Finish Primer - Let's begin with base, and how could I do this post without giving a shout-out to the primers from Rimmel? They're by far my favourite when it comes to what you can get from the drugstore arena, and that's simply because they really are all kinds of awesome. The 'Lasting Finish' one is my personal favourite, favourite - providing a great base for makeup and ensuring it stays put all day long, all whilst feeling not at all like a traditional primer at all. Rather than being all silicone-y, this is more akin to a moisturiser in terms of texture and hence is easy to apply and sits comfortably on the skin - very hydrating indeed. If you're in the market for a cheaper primer - give the ones from Rimmel a look (especially this one). You won't regret it...
 
Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude Foundation - Another from the base category comes in the form of a foundation and prepare yourselves for yet another rave review as I really do love, love, LOVE this stuff (as I'm sure you already know, as I no doubt have mentioned it round these parts hundreds of times before). This is also from the same 'Lasting Finish' range, and is very high up there with my top foundations I've come across. It has a light-medium coverage that can be applied fairly sheer or built up if you want to and the finish is just gorgeous. It's neither overly matte, nor overly dewy - it just sits slap bang in the middle and simply looks like skin. This makes it a good'un across the board in terms of personal preferences and this stuff lasts a pretty good amount of time too. Unfortunely, its not pictured above as I literally cannot track down a bottle of this anywhere! Fingers crossed they haven't discontinued it and I'll be able to get my hands on a new one soon!
 
Magnif'eyes Mono Shadow in 'Millionaire' - Moving onto eyes and I have one stand-out from this arena and it is this solo eyeshadow. I'm not one to buy a lot of eyeshadows in single form (especially powder textures), as I am a massive lover (a.k.a. hoarder) of palettes but if I do ever choose to put a colour on my lids which isn't from one of those - it's usually this one. Ever since I discovered this at the start of this year it's become a staple addition to my collection and I am just a little in love with it. This is a beautiful light, warm bronze shade with very fine shimmer running through it. It's ideal for days when I just want something on my eyes but either don't have a lot of time, or simply don't want to spend ages on my eyeshadow and the formula is creamy, easy to apply and blend and lasts all day long. I'd highly suggest you pick this up if I were you!
 
Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in '45' - Last time I did this post, I gave a nod to another shade from the Kate Moss lipstick collaboration with Rimmel. Of course, it was the hugely-popular '107' (a deep burgundy/berry red), but this time round I'm singing the praises of a nude from the collection. I love this so much, that I'm almost used the whole thing right up - and I have never finished a whole lipstick before. This has become my favourite, go-to nude lipstick - my perfect 'MLBB' (my lips but better) shade. It's a very close match to my natural lip colour, but it just evens everything out, makes my lips appear fuller and give them a gives them a pretty pinky wash of colour too. It also has a slight mauve undertone which ties in nicely to the whole 'Kylie Jenner Nude Lip' trend that still seems to be as popular as ever, and while the creamy finish doesn't hang around for ages, it is super hydrating on the pout and being a nude - isn't too much of a big deal anyway. I still love it a heck of a lot!

Salon Pro Nail Polishes - Last but certainly by no means least - nails - and I think you all know (or at least if you're a regular round these parts you would) what ones I'm about to give a shout-out to, eh? This is one of my favourite, favourite nail polish ranges and I'll try no to ramble on too much as I know I have done so before a million times. They reach full opacity in two coats (some even just one!), they dry super fast to a high-shine finish, they last for ages and the colours are just all kinds of gorgeous. Seriously - if you're yet to give these a go, do so - now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS