navigation

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Disappointing Product - Avon Super Shock Mascara


I don't like being overly negative round these parts - as you've probably heard me ramble on about at the start of any documentation like this before. I tend to prefer to keep things more light-hearted and generally focus on things I love as opposed to things I maybe don't as much - but sometimes you just have to put your Negative Nancy hat on, don't you? I hope you don't mind, as today I want to give you lovely lot the lowdown on a product that didn't impress me much (try reading that sentence without Shania Twain popping into your head)...

It's really no surprise to be honest that a mascara has found its way into a 'Disappointing Products' post, as it's perhaps the one beauty item which can really divide opinion - and that's not so much down to the product itself, but simply a matter of personal preference. Someone may fall in love with a mascara, whilst someone else may absolutely hate it; and I'm afraid when it comes to this one, I fall into the latter category. We just don't get on. This came as part of one of my  Christmas presents last year and at first I had relatively high hopes as I've always heard good things about the lash offerings from Avon - but unfortunately this doesn't float my boat. I don't find it actually does anything news-worthy to my lashes; adding perhaps a touch of length to my lashes but in such the tiniest amounts that it's barely notable. There's no volume, curl or lift to be seen and I can imagine this being the type of mascara that you'd really have to work at (e.g. apply basically fifteen hundred coats) to actually get it to so something - and even then the finished result would still not be that amazing. I can't pinpoint exactly why I don't like this, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd maybe put it down to the fact the formula is very, very dry (and I usually like a drier mascara) and barely anything comes out on the brush. The plastic-y brush itself looked like the type I usually get along with, but in this instance it' just ain't happening. Sigh.
 
A shame, but it seems this just isn't the mascara for me! Have any of you guys tried this out? If so - what were your thoughts? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS