navigation

Monday 11 April 2016

My New Contour Brush Of Choice


In the latest episode of Makeup Tools I've Been Loving', I've finally found what I believe to be the contour brush for me. I know it's rather a bold claim as we've probably been here a few times where I've said a similar statement - but I really do feel it to be true this time. Say hello to one of the newest members of my Real Techniques brush family - their Duo Fibre Contour Brush...

As you may recall a couple of months back here I picked up the brand's most recent limited edition set (the Cheek and Lip Set) and this brush came as part of that and for me personally, was one of the main reasons I was so eager to pick it up in the first place. I'd always eyed it up in its previous incarnations and I guess its latest launch in the new bright pink packaging was what sent me over the edge and caused me to finally make the purchase. Isn't it a beaut? However, aside from the gorgeous set-up, the actual brush is pretty darn awesome too. Like all duo fibre brushes, this is designed to pick up far less product than standard tools and so transfers much less onto your face too - allowing for a lighter, more natural finish and more control in your application. There's no way of you ever going OTT with this in hand - that's fo' sho. Instead, it's super easy to build up product gradually and so you can have a more subtle contour or really go in for that super-chiselled look - all depending on personal preference. The actual shape of the brush itself is also just the right shape and size to fit snuggly into the hollows of the cheeks, so it almost applies the product at the centre, whilst buffing it out at the edges. Gotta love a good tapered brush - especially when it makes the whole contouring thang a little more simple and straightforward...

2 comments:

  1. This looks so nice, they are my favourite brushes but this one is missing from my collection!

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're by far my favourite brush brand! I highly recommend picking this new set up, it's got some fab ones in there! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS