navigation

Friday 8 April 2016

Polish Pick: Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in 'Freestyle'

 
Remember this pastel hue I picked up a month or so ago as part of my last 'New In At The Drugstore' post? Well, I've finally got round to lacquering up my nails with it and so of course I had to show you lovely lot. It'd be rude not to...

I've sampled a few shades from Barry M's Speedy line before, and have always been really rather impressed and this one's no exception. Part of their latest drop for Spring/Summer, this is a gorgeous dusky pale pink that really does call out for this time of year (even though it's currently anything but Spring-like outside my window right now). What I really like about it is where it sits on the colour spectrum. As you may know if you're a regular round these parts, I'm not a big fan of pastel, pastels - yanno, the kind where they have almost no pigment to them and look more like an off-white than anything else. They look great on some people, but personally they're not really my thing. Instead, I prefer my paler hues to have just a smidgen more colour to them and this shade fits that bill perfectly.
 
The formula of these polishes is really quite something, as despite being fast-drying they're not overly thin or watery and you can achieve full opacity in the standard two coats. This is especially good when considering the lighter colours, which you may think would not pack a pinch pigment-wise when pitted against the 'Speedy' claims - but they do! 'Freestyle' comes out onto the nails exactly as seen in the bottle, looks super shiny and glossy and lasts pretty well too. I have a new Spring nail polish favourite (as if I didn't have enough already)...

2 comments:

  1. I'm really into Barry M polishes at the moment - this colour is gorgeous! I'm not normally a pastel girl but this range has converted me :-)
    JH | hellojenniferhelen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a massive fan of Barry M, but I think this has to be up there with one of my faves! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS