navigation

Friday 15 April 2016

New In At The Drugstore


I noticed (once again) on my last trip to Boots so many new launches here, there and everywhere. It'd have been rude to have not made a purchase or five, eh? So that's exactly what I did and today I'm here to show you lovely lot what I found. I'm sure you all know the drill by now - what with me having done a fair few posts in this style before here - but if not, it basically does exactly what it says on the tin. I find some freshly-squeezed beauty bits from the depths of the drugstores (a.k.a. Boots and Superdrug), take them home with me (after paying for them, of course) and report back on what the deal is and maybe my thoughts too if I've had the chance to give them a go yet. Ready? Let's get into it...

First up is a new launch from Bourjois. We had the Rogue Edition Velvets, then came the Aqua Laque's and now it's time for yet another to add to this liquid lipstick family - the Souffle De Velvets (£8.99 each). These claim to 'give lips a sheer, matte result with a light veil of colour. The soft balm like formula hydrates for up to 10 hours leaving lips comforted with a playful pop of colour'. I went for the shade 'Fuschiamallow', a bright blue-based pink and having had a good read-up of all the three 'editions', the Souffle's seem to combine the best features of the other two formulas - a matte effect akin to the Rougue's, but with the same hydrating finish of the Aqua Laque's. I personally have never given the Aqua Laque's a go due to never really seeing them and my kind of product and hearing a few not-so-favourable reviews, but I am a big fan of the original Rouge Editions - and to me these sound similar to those but with a less intense pigment of colour - ideal for Spring/Summer - so I'm hoping this new formulation will be a hit too.

I then picked up a few newbies from the Rimmel stand. They've finally given their own take to the whole contouring thang and have at last released a contour kit - hurrah! I just can't get enough of these kinds of products, so I was fo' sho' excited to grab hold of one ASAP. It is their Sculpting Contour Palette by Kate (£6.99) and it claims to be 'a clever combo of three powder shades – a highlighter, shading powder and blush - that seamlessly blend with your natural skin tone to create a contoured look. The kit works with every face shape and skin tone, adding definition and structure'. Unlike some contour kits, this comes with a highlighter, contour shade and a blush - meaning you could just have this on hand and kinda have your whole cheek makeup down, which I really like. Out of the two available shades, I plumped for '002 - Coral Glow', as I felt it suited my paler skintone a little better. The highlighter's got a gorgeous creamy-yellow undertone which I always find flatters me best; the contour shade is a tad lighter and more ashy and the blush is a stunning - you guessed it - coral-based pink. The contour doesn't appear to have any shimmer inside at all (rightly so) and the highlighter and blush have only a subtle sheen to them, which definitely gets the big thumbs up from me. So far, so good - I will let you know how I get on with this one. I also picked up a new base product from them - their #InstaFlawless Tinted Primer (£6.99). This claims to be a 'perfecting, radiant skin tint. This clever complexion-enhancer helps perfect and protect skin, visually erasing signs of fatigue and giving a natural-looking radiant glow. The ultra-lightweight moisturising formula leaves skin hydrated for up to 24 hours whilst SPF 15 helps to protect against UV rays'. This intrigued me, as I've never really seen a product of its type before - especially not in the drugstore. I really want to start trying to get into the whole Tinted Moisturiser/BB Cream thing soon, so I have a lighter alternative to foundation this Summer - and this screamed out for me to give a go. It may not be called a 'BB Cream', but it sounds a lot like one and I like how it can be used underneath your foundation aswell as alone. You lovely lot know by now how much a fan I am of the primers from Rimmel, so I'm hoping this will have a similar texture and who knows - maybe it might just become my base of choice as we approach the (hopefully) warmer weather. Finally from Rimmel's New-In section I picked up their Brow This Way Brow Highlighter (£4.99) - a 'brow lifting and enhancing pencil that adds a lifted look to the entire eye area'. As you would have seen in my last 'Loves and Lusts' post, I've had my eyes on this for a couple of weeks and after some deliberation, decided to just add it to my basket during my last Boots trip. So many brands have released a product similar to this or have incorporated some form of brow highlighter into their range and I've wanted to see what they're all about for a while - so when I spotted Rimmel had released this one, I caved and just thought I should go for it. A gorgeous champagne gold shade, I really hope this will live up to my expectations and help me in getting my #BrowsOnFleek.

Onto L'Oreal and I picked up one shade from their new nail polish range, the Color Riche L'Huile Nail Polishes (£4.99 each). These claim to combine 'a blend of precious oils and intense pigments for sophisticated, crystalline, powerful colours'. I've been hearing a hell of a lot about these little beauties as of late on the Blogging/YouTube front - and so far most of it has been very good indeed. I think this is a reformulation and repackaging situation and I must say that they look, on first appearances, so darn beautiful. They look far more expensive than they actually are, and I love the quilted bottle design - but obviously it's what's inside that actually counts! I went for the shade 'Cherie Macaron' - a stunning pinky-coral that I can already just see myself rocking throughout Spring/Summer. I've heard all kinds of raves about these - many stating how they're so pigmented that you only need one coat, and they're super-shiny and last pretty well too - so if that's all true, we may just be onto a good'un here...

Finally, and once again a new nail-related launch - from Barry M. They really are on a roll with their launches - first it was the Gelly Hi-Shine's, then came the Speedy Quick Dry range and then the Sunset Daylight Curing ones and now comes this collection - billed as the Coconut Infusion Nail Paints. These claim to 'gently hydrate and nourish nails with its unique, caring blend of Coconut Water and Coconut Oil, while delivering a beautifully smooth, gel-like glossy manicure'. Basically, these sound like they are aimed to deliver the same gel-like finish as you would perhaps expect from the Gelly's or the Sunset's, but also give the nails some well-deserved TLC at the same time. To start off with, I went for the shade 'Laguna', which is a stunning bright baby blue - but if the formula impresses me, I can see myself going back for some more as I was rather impressed with the colours on offer - a nice selection of nudes aswell as your typical Summer brights. Coconut Water and Coconut Oil are two of the most hyped-up ingredients in the beauty world right now, so I guess it's fitting that Barry M have spotted that trend and have found a way to incorporate it into the kind of products they offer. I can see this being a popular range, and I am certainly excited to give a shade (and possibly more) a go to see just how well they actually perform. As always, I will keep you lovely lot in the loop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS