navigation

Saturday 7 May 2016

A Big 'Ole Boots Haul... #EveryDayMay


You know the deal by now. I went into Boots empty-handed and left around half an hour later with a bag full to the brim of beauty bits and a purse that definitely felt much lighter. Although, while usually I emerge with the one item I actually went in for plus a load which I certainly didn't; this time was different in that I went in armed with a shopping list of things I needed and stuck pretty well to the task in hand (with perhaps one or two exceptions)...

I firstly went straight to the makeup (as usual) and picked up another of my faithful Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer as I just love it - as most of you probably know by now - and cannot be without a tube in my stash. I also wanted to repurchase another (slightly newer) favourite - L'Oreal's Telescopic Mascara. As you'd know from last month's Loves and Lusts post, I bloody love this mascara, a heck of a lot. It gives amazing length and lots of volume and lift too and my lashes always look really pretty and fanned-out after using this aswell. Last but certainly not least fore all things makeup-related is yet another repurchase (wow, this never normally happens in one trip) and it is the Soap and Glory Supercat Liner. I used to be all about L'Oreal a few years ago when it came to liquid liner, but when I started to get back into the stuff sometime last year I went for this as my entry pass back into the world of cat flicks and I have to say I really love it. The nib on it is neither too thin, nor too thick - it's just right - and allows you to create both thinner lines or more full-on, dramatic ones depending on preference or the look you're after. Super black, super pigmented and lasts all day - a winner in my books.

While we're on the topic of eyes, I might aswell talk about two new sets of lashes which made it into my Boots basket. I went in with the intention of buying one pair, until I saw that the whole Eylure range was on a BOGOF offer and so I just had to throw in another pack. The set I knew I wanted to get from the off were the Fleur De Force by Eylure 'Fleur and Fabulous' Lashes. These are - in Fleur's own words - the more dramatic pair of her whole collection, but still completely wearable. I've tried both the 'Simply Fleur' and 'Fleur Loves' sets of her range in the past and loved them both, so I've got high hopes for this pair too. I will keep you lovely lot updated. I then had a scour for another pair to add on to qualify for the offer and in the end went for the Cheryl by Eylure 'Girls Night' Lashes. I love Cheryl and I've surprisingly never tried any of her collection of lashes so it only felt right to give a pair a go and this (once again) more full-on set looked right up my street for a night out with the girls - just as the name suggests! Again, I will keep you guys in the loop with how I get on.

Onto haircare and I firstly had to repurchase (man, was this the trip of repurchasing!) another Nice 'n' Easy Root Touch Up in '6A Light Ash Brown'. This I sometimes have to use to help blend my ombre hair as it grows out and the colours in-between my natural colour at the roots and the light, ashy blonde at the ends begin to fade. This works a treat in just ten minutes and the results really do stay around for some time too (I only really have to use this every few months). Then, for actual haircare, I picked up another of my PRO:VOKE Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo. This is basically a purple shampoo/treatment which I use on my hair about one a week to help keep the blonde sections nice and ashy and knock out any brassy tones which may have started to make an appearance. Again, this really does work and considering how cheap it is I am always amazed at the results it delivers. Finally for hair I popped another item from PRO:VOKE in my basket and it is the Liquid Blonde Colour Activating Treatment Shampoo. This to me seems similar in concept to the 'Touch of Silver' one, except this time it's targeted at keeping hair strictly blonde (as opposed to giving it a more silvery tone) and so is enhanced with pigments to boost the colour and give everything a little more warmth and depth. I just fancied giving this a go as a change from the other one I usually use, as while I do like to knock out the orangey tones in my hair, I do still like it to be blonde and so perhaps a mixture of the both may work well for me. There's only one way to find out...

Finally, we move onto skincare - and I have one item for the body and one for the face. For my feet I picked up another Soap and Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream. I. Love. This. Stuff. So. Darn. Much. If you haven't heard me rave about this before, it is basically the best foot cream I have ever tried. It may sound a strange thing to day, but when you have feet like mine which are pretty prone to getting all dry and cracked (#TMI again?) it feels like I've been searching for the product to fix them for a lifetime - but after getting a tube of this in a gift set a couple of Christmases back I can safely say my searching is over. I loved it so much the first one I had is now all gone and so I had to repurchase another - especially now the Summer is coming up and my tootsies are braving themselves to come out of hibernation. I quite literally can not rate this highly enough - if you haven't tried it and suffer from #FeetProblems like I do - give it a go, now. I then needed a new moisiriser for my face, so bought the Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser. I've used something similar to this before (I think it was the 'Hydrating' version as opposed to 'Protecting') and really enjoyed it, so figured one which contained some form of SPF would be an ideal replacement now we are heading into the Summer months. Gotta be protecting yourself from those harmful sunrays after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS