navigation

Friday 6 May 2016

Polish Pick: Birthday Nails #EveryDayMay


Today is the 6th May so that can only mean one thing - it's my birthday! I am now 19 years old which is pretty exciting/scary at the same time and of course I had to paint my nails especially for the occasion and show them off to you lovely lot for this special birthday-themed 'Polish Pick'...

Obviously I had to go for something pink-themed, seeing as I am a big lover of all things rosey at heart and so after some deliberation I plumped for a shade which has risen yup the ranks over the past few months to become one of my favourite and most-used shades - Maybelline's SuperStay 7 Day Polish in 'Pink Volt'. This is a bright, rich pink which isn't overly blue-based and instead has more of a reddy, raspberry undertone to it which floats my boat much more. Two coats of this leaves behind a completely opaque finish with a very shiny gel-like effect and on a usual day I'd probably leave it there and apply a normal top coat to finish things off. But, with this being my birthday nails I wanted to add a little somethin' somethin' extra and so a few days before lacquering up I picked up Rimmel's Finishing Touch Glitter Top Coat. This, as the name would suggest, is just like your standard top coat - but packed full of iridescent shimmery goodness. I applied a coat of this over the top to make things feel a little more special and it really did work wonders - instantly making my nails look far more impressive (and like I'd spent far longer on them than I actually had) and appear even shinier too. All from one product - a sparkly top coat. Magic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS