navigation

Sunday 8 May 2016

Minimal Makeup For Warmer Weather #EveryDayMay


I don't know about you, but it has ben absolutely scorching this weekend down my neck of the woods. Like, seriously boiling. I actually think Spring/Summer may have finally begun to make a proper appearance (or at least until next week probably). So, with that in mind there have been a few products which have come to the forefront for what I like to deem my 'minimal makeup'. Even when the weather is as lovely as it has been this past 48 hours, I still like to put a little of the stuff onto my face simply to make me feel and look a little more like myself and a tad more presentable to the outside world than purely going with none at all.

For me, I can go without foundation in stations like this but personally, concealer is a must. I take my faithful Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and dot this all around the areas I wish to cover up and I perhaps use a little more than I usually would, simply because it is my only base product. I then like to powder a tad in the centre of my face with my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as I tend  to get a little shinier (plus a lil' sweaty - #TMI) during hot Summer days so this really comes in handy and I also go in with my Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer as when the sun's out, I always like to ensure I have a bit of colour to my complexion so I don't so much resemble Caspar The Friendly Ghost.
 
For brows I employ my standard combination - L'Oreal Brow Artiste Pencil in 'Blonde' and Soap and Glory's Archery Brow Pencil in 'Brownie Points' - before setting them into place with L'Oreal's Brow Artiste Plumper (an essential everyday, but especially for the warmer weather when your makeup doesn't always stay where it's told). Eyes-wise I like to keep it super-simple so I feel my face can breath and I'm not worrying so much about things smudging in the heat so I tend to simply curl my lashes and applying many coats of a waterproof mascara. I don't always have a water-resistant formula in my stash (as other than situations like this, I only really wear standard mascaras), so if that happens I opt for a lash offering which may not be waterproof; but never, ever gives me panda eyes. At the moment, that is L'Oreal's Telescopic Mascara which adds a tonne of length and volume and gives the lashes a lovely separated, fluttery look which I feel really goes with the whole 'fresh-faced' vibe of minimal makeup.
 
To finish things off I like to go for a lip formula with a glossier finish to keep my pout hydrated and also a colour which is perhaps more sheer and so doesn't have to be constantly reapplied. Right now I'm loving Bourjois' Colour Boost Lip Crayon in 'Peach On The Beach'. This, as the name would suggest, comes in a twist-up pencil housing and is (rather surprisingly) a bright, pinky-peach colour which to me just screams 'Summer'. This can be worked up to a more opaque finish, but for these warmer days I like to just apply a thinner layer for a slight pop of somethin' somethin' on the lips to bring everything together. And that is the look complete!
 
What are your makeup essentials for days when you fancy going a tad more stripped-back (or the weather is simply too hot for anything to actually stay on your face)? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS