navigation

Saturday 14 May 2016

A New Addition To My Dressing Table Display #EveryDayMay


As I said in this post, I've been thinking a lot recently about giving my makeup storage area a little rejig. I'm still a big fan of it and don't want to do anything super drastic, though I felt it could do with a refresh and there was one addition in particular that I thought was needed to make it feel and look more 'complete'...

I've been watching far too many 'Makeup Collection' videos on the good ole 'Tube as of late and there appears to be a running theme throughout. Alongside the classic acrylic Muji drawers that everyone and their Nan seems to own and use, many were finishing off their towers with a display unit in the same clear material. I had a quick Google and while Muji don't seem to stock something of the like, a browse through Amazon brought me to this little beauty. Currently, on the very top of my self-assembled Muji tower I have a few beauty-related bits 'n' bobs laying on there and while it certainly didn't look horrendously messy, I felt something like the organisers I'd seen others use might help make the area look a tad more put together and 'done'. So, I invested in this one and only a couple of days later it arrived.
 
As you can see from the picture above, at the moment it doesn't look super full up and there are a few spare spaces - but don't fret as I know exactly what I'll be using those for very soon. The lipstick holders I actually want to use for when I begin to build up a MAC Lipstick Collection (I'm hoping to make my first ever trip this week, eek!) and so I have left that department empty for the time being but I'm pretty happy with how the rest of the organiser looks so far. From left to right, in the back two compartments I keep my Primark Rose Gold Tweezers (yes, that really is a thing), some cotton buds and my pencil sharpener; whilst moving onto the lower section I have the makeup sponge in question (my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge), a pair of eyelash curlers and my current setting spray of choice - L'Oreal's Infallible Makeup Fixing Spray. And that is about everything that it holds right now! I'm super happy with how it's turned out and fingers crossed it'll be a solid, helpful addition to my dressing table. *Pats self on back*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS