navigation

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Empties #12 #EveryDayMay


Welcome to another 'Empties' post! If you're new round here and haven't seen one of these round-up's before, I'll link all the ones I've done before here but I'm sure all you regular peeps know the deal by now. As the norm round these parts, I'm only going to be featuring products that haven't been mentioned in a post of this style somewhere before, just to try and save me repeating myself for the hundredth time (maybe)...

Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' Eau de Toilette - Fragrance-wise, there's been one that I've used all up recently and it has been my current scent of choice ever since I picked it up a while back. I fancied a change from 'Dolce' which I was using before and so went for a bit of a cult classic and I'm very much glad I did. The scent reminds me of 'Dolce' in terms of that it's very classic and the kind of fragrance that I can foresee me liking for a long time and now I've tried it, I can see why so many other people love it too. I picked up another bottle a few weeks back so I could transition from this quickly-disappearing one to a fresh, brand-new one and I am already working my way through it.
 
Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser - Onto skincare and this moisturiser dispersed its very last drop only the other day and was kinda the product which spurred me on to write this post. I received this as part of a gift set at Christmas and ever since have been working my way through it everyday as my morning moisturiser and have really been liking it. As the name suggests, it's nice and light in texture so is ideal for slapping on in the AM before applying makeup and it keeps my skin all soft and hydrated without weighing it down and amking it feel greasy in any way. As you'd know from this post, I've already picked up another of their moisturisers with the same 'light' texture to give a go, so hopefully I will get along with that one just as much too...

Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water - I've also been really enjoying this stuff recently - hence why it's all used up! I am a big advocate of Micellar Water to remove makeup and the Garnier one has to be up there as my all-time favourite, so when I spotted this a few months back I knew I had to give it a go and it's safe to say - I'm a big fan of this version aswell. The oil layer isn't at all greasy and makes makeup removal even more quick 'n' easy and also feels very nourishing on my dry/dehydrated skin. I'm still in love with the original, but for when I fancy something that's a little more of an 'upgrade' I will definitely pop another of these in my basket again.
 
L'Oreal Infallible Making Fixing Spray - I used to be all about the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray for fixing my makeup into place - until I found this. This comes in at a fraction of the price and in my opinion does exactly the same thing. The mist is a tad less fine so you do have to be ensure you leave a good gap between the bottle and your face, but once you get the hang of it this stuff really does the job. I've already got another one on the go right as we speak - that's how much I love it.

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream - Finally we're onto stuff for your body - otherwise known as 'Bodycare' - and to kick things off for this rather larger section is a body butter from good 'ole Soap and Glory (FYI - there's a fair few other items from this brand in this post so prepare yourselves). This comes from my ultimate favourite range they offer (as most of you probably know)- 'Sugar Crush' - and so has the most gorgeous sweet, citrusy scent and the formula of this is super-thick so feels so intensely nourishing on the skin, but it absorbs very quickly without leaving any sticky residue behind. Ain't no hanging around in your towel waiting for this stuff to dry.
 
Zoella Beauty Wonder Hand Cream - Taking a slight break from the Soap and Glory overload - I have this hand cream from the lovely Zoe of Zoella's beauty range that I've completely used up as of late. This comes from the 'Classic' collection, so has a lovely scent which is very floral, but not too overpowering at the same time. The consistency's more runny than the types of hand creams I usually go for and I tend to reach for it more so in the evenings before bed as opposed to throughout the day as it does take a tad longer to sink in, but it leaves my hands feeling super-soft and really helps to relive any dry patches. I was much more impressed with this than I thought I'd be and I'd definitely pick it up again at some point.
 
Soap and Glory Hand Food Hand Cream - Back onto S&G-related Empties and another hand cream - what can I say? It's been cold and rainy in the UK for what feels like a decade now and it's only now beginning to feel more Spring/Summery so hand creams have really been my saviour over the past few months. This is a classic when it comes to that department, and I've been loving this stuff for years and this is certainly one of many tubes I've been through. The scent is lovely, it can applied at bedtime or throughout the day and absorbs super-quickly with no greasy feeling afterwards and I think this will always be a staple product for me.
 
Soap and Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream - Last but certainly not least is this foot cream - once again, from Soap and Glory - and I think it's no surprise this has ended up in an 'Empties' post of mine as I am completely in love with this. I'm sure regular readers have probably heard me ramble on about it before, but for any of you newbies (Hello!) this is the only foot cream I've ever used that has actually made a difference to my feet. With others I've applied them before bed and the next morning my feet look much better - but then in a couple of hours time they look the same as they did before. It's like they kind of mask they problem temporarily, whereas the 'Heel Genius' actually repairs my feet in the long-term and I now could not be without this stuff. Yes, I already have another tube sitting on my bedside table...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS