navigation

Monday 2 May 2016

Refreshing My Ombre #EveryDayMay


Whenever you have you hair dyed, it's obviously gonna need some form of maintenance over time to keep it looking fresh. But having changed my hair to become gradually more 'ombre' over the past year, I've found that my hair doesn't require nearly as much upkeep as it used to when I had highlights - hence why up until yesterday, it hadn't seen any form of bleach for a whole twelve months. I know, I know. The beauty of ombre really is that as time goes on, it kinda looks better as your root colour starts to grow in more and more and everything starts to blend together. And while not too long ago I feel my locks hit that sweet soft spot, I decided now was the time to add more blonde in again. With my birthday coming up on Friday (eek!) and the thought of Summer in our minds, I wanted to go a bit lighter and just generally give my ombre a well-deserved refresh...

I opted on doing a bit of a DIY jobby this time round as I only wanted to add some blonde in rather than start from scratch as was the case in the past, so bought the one of the Superdrug Ombre Kits and finally got round to giving it a whirl yesterday afternoon. I mainly focused my attentions on the front of my hair where things had begun to get a little too dark for my liking and where naturally your hair would be expected to be a little more brighter. I backcombed some blonde back into the underneath where the ombre had especially grown out the most and attempted to give things some more structure by gently lightening up sections around my face and ears. The whole process was fairly simple and fuss-free (ok. maybe there was a bit of fuss, but this is me remember!) and after around half an hour I was left with strands that matched in perfectly with any blonde I still had kicking about and blended in nicely with my dark brown root colour. No brassiness to be seen - thank goodness - and while of course it was most likely a pretty damaging experience for my poor tresses, they actually feel pretty soft and smooth right now. How that is, I'm not sure, but I sure ain't complaining...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS