navigation

Thursday 12 May 2016

The Belated Birthday Brush #EveryDayMay


For my Birthday last week, my Sister very kindly gifted me a Boots Voucher. She knows me too well, I know. I instantly knew I wanted to use it as part-payment off a more expensive item on the shelves as opposed to simply buying my essentials (does anyone else do this with gift cards?) It just feels more special, yanno? So, after some deliberation and a good scan through the website, I came across something which straight-away jogged my memory. Obviously, it's a makeup brush and obviously, it's from Real Techniques but this time it's from their premium line 'Bold Metals'. Ever since the range first got released around the beginning of last year, this eyeshadow brush was the one I lusted after the most, but because of the slightly higher price tag I'd never got round to purchasing it. Until now...

Introducing, the '200 Oval Shadow'. Now, when I actually went to purchase this at my local Boots yesterday I was torn to begin with between this one and another from the 'Eyes' range which was released more recently a few months ago. In the end, I stuck to my guns and went with the one I set my heart on originally as I felt it was more unique from anything else I have already in my collection and so I would most likely get more use out of it (though I can possibly foresee me going back for the other one in the future). It's mahoosive - probably the biggest eyeshadow brush I own - but that's exactly what sold me on it. It's just the right size to fit across the width of the whole lid, making it perfect for washing colour all-over in basically one sweep. The dense nature means it gives a decent colour payoff, but it's still fairly fluffy and not too flat, so can buff out the colour you've just applied at the same time if you fancy.

You could say I don't need anymore brushes, but in this case I actually think this has filled a bit of a void in my stash...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS