navigation

Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Alternative, More Affordable Option For Gel Nails (Kinda)...


I love gel nails. I've had them done on myself in the past and have always been super-impressed with how lovely they look, how well they wear and how easy and damage-free the removal process generally tends to be. Now, being a qualified Nail Technician myself, I've now also experienced the application process too and personally, I really rather enjoy it and have found it to be both my favourite nail system to learn and master and also the one which I find to have the best success with (at least for now, being relatively 'new' to the whole Nail Tech thang). However sometimes, for whatever reason, it is not always fully viable to go and get a set of gels (or even gel polish) done professionally.

Over time, brands have begun to pick up on this and now, have started to bring out what they deem to be the next best alternative - gel nails at home. Obviously, this does not fully replicate the exact process of getting a regular set of gels done and I suppose is more comparable to gel polish (but a more simplified version), though for some it remains a pretty good shout anyway. The lasting power may not be as strong, but the shiny, high-gloss finish remains and out of all of your standard nail polish formulas these do hang around the longest. And I think I have a pretty good case for why one range in particular is my favourite...

Introducing, the Barry M Sunset Nail Paints. Now, some of your lovely lot may well recall me mentioning these sometime around a year ago now, when the range were first launched. They are basically daylight curing nail polishes which you apply like your normal lacquer, apply the special topcoat over the top and they 'cure' under natural daylight (unlike your gels and gel polishes which require curing from either UV or LED light). They don't need any unique form of removal and can be taken off simply using your typical nail polish remover and cotton pad jobby. All in all - sounds pretty good eh? What I personally love about them is that they really do live up to expectations. As I said, of course they are not as hard-wearing (and perhaps not as 'luxe' feeling) as your usual gel, but they are a nice alternative and may well solve some problems others may find with gel or gel polish. They're certainly less expensive and take less time to apply and remove and are readily-available in your local Boots or Superdrug. I personally love the shade 'Peach For The Stars' - a gorgeous bright, pinky-coral - but they have such a wide array of hues, there's bound to be a shade for everyone.

So, maybe next time you fancy a trip to the salon to get your nails done but perhaps don't have the time nor funds to do so - this drugstore nail range could just be the next best thing...

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty cool. I've never heard of daylight curing nail polishes before. Thanks for the post. That's a pretty color too.

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS