navigation

Friday 22 July 2016

A New Powder (Finally)?...


For what feels like the longest of times, I have been an avid fan of Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. It's basically the only face powder I've used for the past few years and up until now, I'd never felt the need to switch things up in that department. It worked really well, did what I wanted it to do and it's a complete bargain aswell. What's not to love? However, it was only so long before my natural beauty-fanatic persona came through and a while back I finally came round to the idea of trying something new.

After much searching around the depths of the drugstore, I discovered the MUA Skin Define Hydro Powder. There were a few from the 'high-end' category which I was tempted by (and still may give a go one day), but I was rather determined to see if I could find another amongst the aisles of Boots and Superdrug that rivalled my beloved Stay Matte. Surprisingly, it was actually quite a challenging task. The main reason I love Rimmel's offering so much is that it comes in a variety of shades - one being 'Transparent'. I really like using a powder with zilch colour to it, so I just get the mattifying properties without the extra colour and coverage, so that was a major point of my brief when it came to searching for an alternative - and I think it made it more difficult in the process. But, eventually I came across MUA's version and while it doesn't explicitly say it's 'Transparent', having given it a swatching in-store, it certainly looked that way. It's supposedly infused with Vitamin E and Jojoba to make it more moisturising and ensure a completely non cake-face look and having drier skin that I like to use as little powder as possible on - that sounds right up my street  So, I picked it up and now it's in my collection, ready for me to test it out!

As, always with these kinda things, I will report back on my findings to you lovely lot but for now, I just thought I'd drop in today with this update that I'm finally expanding my horizons people and it feels good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS