navigation

Monday 18 July 2016

Polish Pick: Tanya Burr Cosmetics Matte Nail Polish in 'Soft Pyjamas'


If you saw my last post here - featuring my full review of the new Tanya Burr Cosmetics Soft Luxe Collection - you may remember that I promised very soon I would do a 'Polish Pick' featuring the Matte Nail Polish in 'Soft Pyjamas' that I picked up, both so I can give you lovely lot a rundown on my thoughts and also so you can see just what it looks like when in action. And, if you haven't already guessed by the title - today's the day. Let's get into it...

As I explained in that very post, for this launch Tanya chose to include some matte textures, with that being a very popular finish right now. I've never really experimented with matte nails in the past, but saw this release as the perfect excuse to give them a go and I have to say I'm very glad I did. Firstly - can we just talk about the shade? I was torn between all three in the range as they're all so stunning, but I'm pretty chuffed that I opted for this pretty, lilac-toned grey. Once again, this type of hue is quite a novelty for me as I've never gravitated towards these classic shades which everyone seems to wear very much previously. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I like it though and I can picture this becoming my new 'go-to' for when I have no idea just what to lacquer up with in the first place.

Formula-wise, this went onto the nails like a dream and was completely opaque in two coats. - just like the standard Tanya Burr Cosmetics Nail Polishes. Once applied, it took only a few seconds before the glossiness dulled down to the matte effect it promised and yet again, I actually liked it a lot more than I was expecting to. I also love how you've got the option to wear it alone for a matte look, or with a glossy top coat overlay to bring it back to the standard finish of a regular polish. What more could you ask for, eh?

4 comments:

  1. Soft Pyjamas looks as beautiful as it sounds, I've never tried a matte polish before but the shade is so pretty! The packaging is stunning too and I adore your blog look! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour really is beautiful! Aw, thankyou so much! X

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a gorgeous colour, her whole new range looks amazing!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous shade! There isn't one item from the entire range that I've tried which I haven't loved - highly recommend! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS