navigation

Tuesday 20 December 2016

A Big Old Beauty Haul... #DitsyDecember


Somehow in the run up to Christmas, I seem to make a few purchases for myself, alongside those for other people. I'm sure you can all relate. There's always a few things here and there that catch my eye, but I also found this year that there were a fair few items that needed repurchasing or replacing and just my luck - they all coincided at around the same time. Of course, the majority of my purchases have been beauty-related and with this 'ere blog being primarily based in exactly that - I thought I'd show you lovely lot just what I've been buying. Just carry on reading to have a little look...


First up - makeup. To get the more 'necessary' buys out of the way first - I have another of my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair' (my fave), a L'Oréal Lumi Magique Primer that I've recently used all up as of late and loved so much that I just had to add back into my collection again and a Soap and Glory Supercat Liner that - again - is one of my staples in my stash and I felt I needed to have a back-up of seeing as my current one is nearing its last legs. I also have another L'Oréal Lip Liner Couture in 'Beige A Nu' and a Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in '51' as the ones I'm using at the moment are both nearing the end of their cosmetic lives and I just like to have back-ups ready and waiting in the wings, yanno? I also added a fresh, brand-new Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer into my basket, as admittedly I have been missing it ever so slightly lately and felt like I needed it back in my life again. I picked up the Urban Decay Makeup Lockdown Travel Set, containing minis of their All Nighter Setting Spray and Eyeshadow Primer Potion - two of my forever staples in my collection that are both nearing their end - and seeing how good value this set is (even though it is travel-sized), I figured I'd pick it up.

For 'newer', more exciting makeup bits 'n' bobs - I actually got a the 'Beauty-Full House' Gift Set from Soap and Glory as a freebie for spending over a certain amount on the brand. This contains three products - The 'Glow All Out' Cream Highlighter, Thick and Fast Mascara and Sexy Mother Pucker Lipgloss in 'Plumble' and I am very excited to try all of them out. I finally managed to get my hands on the NYX Warm Neutrals Palette! This has consistently gone in and out of stock on Boots for an age now and at last the makeup stars aligned a week ago - Boots had the palette, I had the money - and so I snapped one up. This is packed full of warm toned shadow (as the name suggests) and I can picture myself using every single one. I've heard many good things about the overall quality of this palette too and so all in all, I am very much excited to give this a go over the festive season. I also got another of the Collection Glam Crystal Gel Eyeliners - this time, in the shade 'Glitz'. AS I'm sure you already know, I have the shade 'Funk' (a pretty light gold) in my collection and seeing as I love it so much, I fancied picking up this classic silver shimmer too, after eying it up for some time now. Fingers crossed it'll be just as much of a hit. I also picked up their Sheer Loose Powder in 'Transparent' as - hold the phone - I'm considering finally trying out the whole 'baking' thang some point soon. I've seen enough tutorials know to have a rough idea of the whole concept and with it being Christmas/Party Season time very, very soon - what better time than now, eh? Again for the eyes, I added a couple of the Barry M Fine Glitter Dusts to my stash - in 'Yellow Gold' and 'Gold Iridescent'. I am rather loyal to my Collection Glitter Liners for when I fancy a touch of sparkle around the peepers, but I fancied trying more of a traditional glitter - and these two called out to me. The former is more of a standard, classic warm gold, while the latter is paler and I can imagine would look stunning layered over darker shades. Hopefully, with a wet brush, I can find a way to apply these without getting it e'rywhere. Finally for new makeup, I've got the Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in 'Red Dynamite'. While I've got a couple of good red liners in my stash, upon swatching them I realised they're both quite 'bright' and I wanted to add one to my collection that's more 'traditional' and more universal with basically every red I own. The shade of this one is really lovely and I am such a big fan of the Rimmel lip liners in general - such great quality for such a affordable price - so this just seemed to make sense to me. Finally for the makeup department, I picked up the L'Oréal Colour Riche Eyeshadow in 'Escape In Bordeaux'. I mainly got this to complete the 3 for 2 on L'Oréal that was going on, but I'm actually really excited to try it out. I love burgundy tones on my eyes when I fancy something a little more dramatic and I've always heard good things about the single shadows from L'Oréal, so fingers crossed, eh?

Moving onto non-makeup bits 'n' bobs, I firstly picked up another  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. My current one is getting on a bit now and I knew it was time for it to be replaced. It had a good run, but it's getting all cracked and just generally mangled now from using and washing it and so I am very happy to have a fresh one ready and waiting now to take its place. This has become my favourite way to apply my foundation and concealer and I cannot imagine my beauty routine without it now. I also picked up another pack of the Ardell Demi Wispies Lashes - again, a firm favourite which you'll most likely have heard me mention countless times in the past. These are great for nights out and I was in need of another pair - I love them that much. I also picked up a pack of the Boots Essentials Moisturising Cleansing Wipes. I always like to keep a pack of face wipes in my stash for cleaning any makeup off my hands (or carpet) or any eyeshadow falldown on my face - and all those general makeup mishaps like that. Skincare-wise, I picked up another pack of the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads. These have become my favourite exfoliating product - they're super quick and easy to use; leave my skin feeling and looking all soft, smooth and glowy and tone down the appearance of pores too. I only need one for my whole face, so these should last me a good while. I picked up basically the whole Garnier Moisture Bomb Range. I have tried the Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask a couple of time before and loved it, so I picked another of those up, and I also opted for the matching Day Cream and Night Cream. I was in need of a new day and night cream duo and considering how much I loved the mask, I'm eager to see just how the moisturisers in the range live up to it. There's only one way to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS