navigation

Monday 19 December 2016

Empties #16 #DitsyDecember


It's 'Empties' time once more - the one time where I unload the contents of my beauty bin and do a whole show 'n' tell for you all. As usual, I'm giving you lovely lot a looksee at all of the new products I've recently made my way through completely and just what I think of them - good or bad. Wanna see what's made it in this time round? Just keep reading...

Original Source Vanilla and Raspberry Shower Gel - I know, I know - a shower gel empty in December. But honestly, this is more of something I've been finishing up over the warmer months and has finally come to the very end when I decided to just pour the final remnants into the water one bathtime. And I just love this stuff. The scent is, as you can probably imagine, delicious and the creamy formula cleanses whilst leaving your skin all hydrated and moisturised at the same time.

MUA Skin Define Powder - Moving onto all things makeup and this powder is on its very last legs - hence it being included in this very post. I picked this up a couple of months ago and have already made my way through it - I guess that says it all eh? I really like this for just a general powdering/setting of the face and taking down all of the shine and glow that I don't necessarily want hanging around. It's finely-milled, completely colourless and doesn't feel or look heavy/cakey on my skin. Winner!

L'Oréal Lumi Magique Primer - I have used up my very first bottle of this primer from L'Oréal and I feel it's safe to say now - I love it. It really does live up to all of the hype surrounding it - providing a great base for makeup, leaving my skin feeling really hydrated and giving it that subtle sheen to it at the same time. It
just gives you a healthy glow as opposed to making you look like a disco ball and I always find a little really does go a long way.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer - Concealer-wise, I have actually used up one which isn't the Collection Lasting Perfection - hallelujah! While this will never be that one, it is just as good in its own right. It's got just as good coverage, but it's a tad more moisturising on the ol' complexion and the handy brush applicator makes using it a literal breeze.

Rimmel Natural Bronzer - I have finally, finally made my way through this stuff. I feel like I've had this bronzer in my collection for an age and at last the time has come for it to enter the 'Empties' bin. I made a resolution a month or so ago to try and use this more in an attempt to finish it off and here we are today! This is a really nice, affordable bronzer that's completely shimmer-free and so warms up the face without leaving you all sparkly (not for me, personally). The tone isn't overly dark or orangey on my pale complexion and I really rather like it.

Bourjois Volume Reveal Mascara - Now this is a real love, love. While I didn't have high hopes at first - in the end, it turned out to be the best mascara I've found all year. I know - big claim. This thickens my lashes, but still really fans them out and ensures no clumps are to be seen. It adds a tonne of length and volume and just generally makes my lashes look all kinds of awesome. I already have another tube on the go as we speak.

Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polish in 'Pink Volt' - Hold the phone - I have finished a nail polish. This has never happened before and up until now, I never thought it ever would. Nail polishes just seem to be never-ending, yanno? However, I must have used this one in question a heck of a lot as it is all used up and have had to make a swift repurchase. Technically, there is still the tiniest amount left in this bottle, but the formula has gone all goopy and gross and even if it wasn't', it's basically impossible to get to the very bottom of the bottle and retrieve it. I'm sure you know what I mean...

Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo - Finally - a shampoo empty! Once again, I have used up yet another Tresemme offering and yet again, I have thoroughly enjoyed using it. This really hydrates my hair, leaving it super soft and shiny and I also find it to really help manage any frizzy-ness that might be going on. It's got a gorgeous scent that almost manages to deceive you into thinking you've been at the salon and it's pretty affordable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS