navigation

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Dainty Ditsy In 2016 - The Best Bits #DitsyDecember


Remember around this time last year when I did this post all about my 'best bits' of this lovely blog from the past year? Kinda my 'Yearly Roundup' sort of thing? Well, I figured I'd do the same the time round as honestly, this year, blogging-wise has been another pretty good one and I always find it to be a really good thing to do at the end of a year to look back on just what has happened these past twelve months, gather your thoughts and close the chapter on it - ready for the next year ahead. Of course, this is more of a blog-based reflection - ideal for if you're a newbie round these parts and fancy having a content catch-up, or there's simply a post of two that's managed to escape your attention - but I hope you enjoy it anyway! 2017 - bring it on...

January saw me once again reminisce on the year gone by and the year ahead in this post, before moving straight on with the inevitable - 2015 Favourites (here and here). I showed you all of the beauty bits I got for Christmas, before doing a spot of shopping at the Rimmel and letting you lovely lot in on my new diary which I had fallen head over heels for (and remained head over heels for the entirety of the year). I had a bit of a makeup clear-out and updated my brow routine before rounding up the whole month with some organisational tips which I'm sure we can all do with in January...

February was a bit of a mish-mash if I'm honest - but there was definitely some good'uns in there nevertheless. I found some really good lashes and some equally-good makeup (notably here and here) and a nail polish that I LOVE. However, I also came across something I wasn't so impressed with - sad times, I know. On a happier note, I finally cleared out my Empties bin again, shared some of my personal favourite Haircare Tips 'n' Tricks and gave you the lowdown on some of the things I learnt when I was forced to not wear my contact lenses for an entire week. It sure was eye-opening (no pun intended)...

March was a very exciting month as I talked about my Nail Technician course I took part in only the week before at the end of February. It went really well and it remains one of the things I am most proud of doing in 2016. I also talked an amazing eyeshadow palette that's crammed cull of rose gold hues, a handful of mascara empties and also half a dozen things which I feel definitely make you a proper 'beauty addict'. It's ok, we're all in this together. I also finally got round to testing out the whole makeup sponge trend/hype/thing and pitted two drugstore micellar waters against each other. Wanna know which one won? Read this post right here.

April - the month after which I was named - and in all fairness, it was a pretty good one. I talked some of the ways I like to *try* to have a moderately successful shipping sesh and also followed up on trying out the makeup sponge thang the month before with a round-up of some of the best ways I'd discovered it best to be utilised for so far. I made a trip to the drugstore to compile yet another of my 'New In At The Drugstore' posts - giving you lovely lot my first impressions while I was at it - and also made this very exciting announcement for the following month...

May was of course the month of #EveryDayMay - the daily blogging month which was originally meant to happen last year, but took place this time round instead. With this being a whole month's worth of content, there's a bit of everything going on - mostly beauty-based, of course. Hauls, favourites, reviews - you name it, #EveryDayMay had it. I even threw a little MAC Giveaway too!

In June I was hauling here, there and everywhere - from NYX, to Primark Beauty and even a few Haircare items thrown in for good measure too. I also finally got round to trying out the new #ZoellaBeauty range - called 'Sweet Inspirations' - falling in love with it in the process - and sampled a couple of new false lashes which too became firm favourites of mine soon after. I looked at my Top 10 Under £10 from the 'Makeup' arena and finished up the month with a little flashback to my Prom that took place around the same time, three years earlier. What a throwback...

The month of July saw a whole lotta different things - from beauty, to colouring and even a bit of baking too. I finally tried out the whole 'Adult Colouring' thang and whipped up my first recipe from Tanya Bakes - some very-yummy triple chocolate cookies - mmhmmm. Beauty-wise, I discussed some of my favourites from the year so far (16 to be precise), and had a bit of a nude lip moment where I showed a few of my favourite neutral liners that I like to employ for the job, before dedicating a good couple of posts to the new Tanya Burr Cosmetics 'Soft Luxe' Range launch (here and here). Can you tell I was a fan?

August was originally going to be another #AllMonthAugust - but that all got changed at the last minute and I stuck with my usual three times a week schedule. I did yet more makeup shopping (this time in Superdrug), tested out the liquid lipsticks that Primark had to offer and found myself a new shampoo and conditioner duo which really floated my boat but that wasn't all for beauty - I also raved a heck of a lot about some oldies (but goodies) too - such as the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. Ooh, and Dainty Ditsy turned 2! How time flies, eh?

In October I made a real good couple of beauty discoveries - such as here and here - and also did some more testing of makeup too! I tried out yet another launch from Tanya Burr Cosmetics and also some more bits 'n' bobs from Primark Beauty - and you know what? I was more than a little impressed with them too. With Autumn being in full swing, I talked through my top lip colours for the season and also some of the fashion pieces I was either loving or lusting after  and probably the highlight of the whole month - I met the lovely Pixiwoo sisters (a.k.a. Sam and Nic Chapman) and had my copy of their book 'Face' signed! 

November was another slightly mish-mash of a month, as I spent most of my time busily preparing the content for this months #DitsyDecember. That doesn't mean I wasn't happy with what I posted round these parts though - including the little three part series I did for the whole 'YouTube Made Me Buy It' craze that was going on at the time. Aside from that, there was the usual stuff going on - reviews, favourites, a few hints and tips here and there - and probably my favourite of them all, a mahoosive haul containing all the liquid lipsticks from MUA. Cause a girl can never have too many liquid lippies... 
 

And last but most certainly not least - we finish up on December. The month of all things merry, bright and Christmassy!  Of course, as the month is still yet to be fully over I can't do a proper roundup just yet, but from how it's been so far - I am pretty happy indeed. As always, #DitsyDecember (a.k.a. my version of Blogmas) has been going down and so far, so good and I hope you've ben loving reading them as much as I've been loving putting them all together.  There's been a mixture of everything do far (and still plenty coming up) so if you're in need of a catch-up, I'll link here where you can find them all and to all of you who are already up-to-date - I hope you're enjoying #DitsyDecember! Overall, 2016 ain't half been bad for this 'ere blog. Let's not discuss the rest of the world... Bring on 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS