navigation

Tuesday 27 December 2016

Polish Pick: Christmas Day Nails #DitsyDecember


It's the day after Boxing Day and while Christmas is basically over now for another year (boo!) I figured what better time to show you lovely lot just what I was rockin' on my nails over the festive season. It's red, it's gold and it's glittery - what else could you expect, eh?

You can't go wrong with red nails at Christmas, so I knew that I wanted a rouge-toned base for my Christmas Day nail look. I used a couple of coats of the H&M Nail Polish in 'Russet Pearl' - a gorgeous metallic red - as the first layer, before moving onto the main star of the show - glitter. It's not Christmas without a touch of sparkle so I just couldn't resist glamming up my nails for the special occasion and to go with the red theme, I of course went with the Seventeen Glitter Nail Polish in 'Red'. This is comprised of tonnes of both smaller and larger glitter and catches the light beautifully so I applied a good couple of coats to ensure a nice, even coverage. Then, to go a step further and add some gold to the equation - cause how can you go wrong with the classic red and gold combo? - I used another Seventeen Glitter Polish - this time, in 'Gold' - just on the upper half of my nails to create an almost ombre effect. I went in firstly more heavily on the tips, where I wanted the main density of the glitter to be, before lightly brushing some down a little towards the nail bed to blend things in nicely. Finally, as a final touch I used a slightly sparkly top coat - Rimmel's Finishing Touch Glitter Top Coat, to be precise - to seal things into place and add an extra dose of the shiny stuff. Just incase there wasn't enough going on already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS