navigation

Monday 26 December 2016

Moment Of Makeup - The Christmas Day Edition #DitsyDecember


I love Christmas. The food, the family-time and... the makeup. I personally love planning just what I'm gonna be slapping on my face come 25th December, so with it being The Big Day yesterday (!!) I figured I'd show you lovely lot just what made the cut for my Christmas Day Makeup Menu...

To kick things off, I started on my eyes. It might sound strange, but I knew I wanted to go quite 'full on' with the peepers and most likely go in with a lot of colour, pigment and glitter so it made sense to get the eyes done first so I could clean up any mess afterwards. I firstly started by priming them with my Urban Decay Primer Potion - my absolute 'ride or die' eye base. I set it slightly with a touch of powder, before going in with my new NYX Warm Neutrals Palette. This has a tonne of shades that fit completely with the warm-vibe I wanted to go for and I really love the quality of the shadows themselves too so it seemed like the obvious option for my festive makeup. Using a large crease brush, I put a lighter warm brown through my outer corner and crease as a transition shade, before gradually working my way up in depth to a darker, richer brown shade - blending and buffing out as I go. I then wanted to create even more depth and warmth, so used a slightly smaller brush to get right into the deepest part of the crease with the matte red. Once my crease and outer corner department was looking all deep and warm-toned, I used the bright gold from the same palette all over for a pop of colour on the lid. Very Christmassy, I know. I then used the Soap and Glory Supercat Liner to create a fairly thick cat flick on my upper landline, before turning my hand to the main event - glitter. For my lid. I took the Collection Glam Crystals in 'Funk' - my personal favourite way to add some sparkle to the eyes - dabbed some onto the back of my hand before pressing it onto the inner half of my lid. For an extra hit of sparkle though, I used the tiniest amount of the Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in 'Gold Iridescent' on a dampened flat brush on the inner corners of my eyes before finishing off the whole upper lashline with lashings of the Bourjois Volume Reveal Mascara and for extra glamour - the Fleur De Force 'Simply Fleur' Lashes

Moving onto the skin - I moisturised first before going in with the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer. This acts as a great base for makeup - aiding application and keeping it on all day long - and also giving the complexion a lovely luminous glow. I then went in with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in '51', bopping it in with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. This is my absolute favourite base and it's medium-coverage, skin-like finish is something I always come back to so I guess it's a given this was what I chose foundation-wise. I popped some of my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair' in all the usual places - bags, blemishes, redness - again, blending it in using my sponge - before adding a touch of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer in 'Porcelain' on any areas that need extra coverage. I 'baked' my under-eye area using a damp sponge dipped in my Collection Sheer Loose Powder in 'Translucent' and set the majority of the rest of my face using the Collection Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder before moving onto the 'finishing' aspects of my face.

I went in with the Collection Precision Contour Stick in 'Fair' as a bit of cream contour, putting it in all the usual places - hollows of the cheekbones, temples, jawline, nose - before buffing it out and setting it into place/adding some extra depth and dimension with the contour shade from the Maybelline Master Sculpt Palette. I then bronzed my face to add some colour and warmth back into my complexion using the old classic - Soap and Glory's 'Solar Powder' Bronzer. This used to be my solid favourite and recently I've come back to it and I'm loving it so far. I filled in my brows using the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in 'Taupe' at the front and 'Espresso' towards the arch and tail, before setting them into place using the L'Oreal Brow Artiste Plumper in 'Medium/Dark', before bringing some glow to the high points of my face with the Sleek 'Highlighter Palette in 'Solstice' - first using the cream, then the lighter powder highlighterGotta get that glow going, yanno. To finish up the face,  I set everything into place using the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray!

Last, but certainly not least - lips. Of course, with it being Christmas Day and all that - I just had to opt for a red. As you'll most likely know if you've read round these parts recently, I've got a new-found love in the MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in 'Reckless' - a true, bright red - and when it came to it, that was the one I immediately reached for. I lined up lips first with the Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in 'Red Dynamite' before going in with a couple of layers of the liquid lipstick and it really was a festive match made in heaven. Looked awesome, pretty comfortable to wear and held up not too badly throughout all the masses of food I consumed.

2 comments:

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS