navigation

Friday 16 December 2016

Gold Beauty #DitsyDecember


Christmas is the season of all things gold-related. It's one of the colours which just screams 'festive' to me and the pretty metallic finish fits in super nicely with the sparkly route we all tend to go down this time of year. So, with Christmas slowly but surely edging ever closer, I thought for today's #DitsyDecember post I'd drop in with some of my top picks that I always make a beeline towards when I fancy a touch of the yellow stuff...

MAKEUP - Makeup-wise, you cannot go wrong with a good gold eyeshadow. Personally, I tend to opt for golden tones on my eyes all year round, but during this season in particular I just go even more cray cray for them. Eyeshadows are probably my favourite way to rock some gold tones on my eyes, but I also am rather partial to a gold-toned liner sometimes too. For single shadows, I really like Maybelline 24Hr Color Tatoo Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in 'Breathless'. This is a fairly new addition to the range, but it's a good'un. A pale, almost champagne gold - this works brilliantly alone for a simple wash of colour, or used as base for other gold-y tones to be layered over the top of. Moving onto palettes, I feel you cannot go wrong with the Tanya Burr Cosmetics 'Hollywood' Eyeshadow Palette. A gorgeous quad comprised of four equally-stunning shades - mainly centred around the 'gold' side of things - and all super rich, pigmented and easy to blend. It allows you to do basically everything from an everyday eye to something a little more dramatic and smokey and for such a bargainous price too! Finally, moving away from the eyeshadows - what's Christmas without a touch of sparkle here and there, eh? I've mentioned the Collection Glam Crystal Gel Eyeliners many times in the past - notably, the shade 'Funk'. This stunning icy gold shimmer is suspended in the gel liner formula, making usage super-easy and probably the most fuss-free of all the glitter application methods. Whatever way you utilise it (see this post I did only a few days ago to see some of my own recommendations), it's guaranteed to be much less messy.

NAILS - For the ol' nails, I have a fair few suggestions that all fall under the 'gold' colour umbrella, cause you know what? I'm rather partial to a pretty gold-toned polish here and there (or maybe a little more frequently than that). First up - if you want a true, yellow-toned gold - look no further than the H&M Beauty Nail Polish in 'Gold Rush'. This is a full-on gold glitter, but with it being more of a finely-milled shimmer, it actually packs quite a punch pigment-wise and delivers an opaque wash of colour to the beds. Sticking within the yellow-toned gold family, I also really love the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Nail Polish in 'Winner Takes It All'. This has more of a cream-metallic finish which works beautifully either alone, or used as a base for gold glitters to be layered over the top of - such as this next offering. The Seventeen Glitter Nail Polish in - you guessed it - 'Gold' - is your bog-standard, straight-up gold glitter that I feel everyone should have rattling round in their stash somewhere for when Christmas rolls around. This has a slightly less yellow undertone to it, but it's still got that touch of warmth to it which makes it pretty universal in terms of being the perfect companion to a whole host of gold polishes. You can sheer it out, build it up - and whatever way, it look stunning. Last, but by no means least, I have the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish in 'Oh My Gold'. This is probably the most icy-toned of the lot - there's some definite tiny silver flecks in there - but I feel like if you're not as much into the warm, orangey golds - this one may just be for you. I really love the formula of these polishes - super thick and opaque and easy to apply - and this colour is just a complete beaut. It's time to get your bling on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS