navigation

Saturday 17 December 2016

The Winter Transition #DitsyDecember


Well, well, well - here we are, at the fourth and final seasonal edit post of 2016. How has that happened, eh? We're firmly in December now and so while it may not feel like it's time for me to get talking about some of the ways you can easily transition your makeup bag into the Winter months - it most definitely is. So, without further ado, let's just jump right in, shall we?

Much like the Autumn months, I focus a lot of the whole glowy skin thang. To be honest, that doesn't really change throughout the seasons, but I do find in the colder months that, with things being that tad bit more dry, I need to put a little more effort into making my skin look at dewy and radiant. If it's a 'lit from within' kinda glow I'm after - I reach for the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Face Illuminator. This has a gorgeous subtle sheen to it that just makes you look healthy and also acts as a nice base for makeup to go on top of too. If I want something more obvious, I might pop a little over the top of my foundation in all the usual highlight-y (real word, obvs) places, but recently I've been all about theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer once again. I just adore this stuff. It 's got this slight gold undertone to it which just calls out 'Christmas Makeup' to me (I'm all about the golds - as you'll know from yesterday's post) and the formula is just spot-on. No large chunks of glitter to be seen - winner!

Eyes-wise, I feel like you just have to go for gold (again, as I mentioned in this post here). It's the one time of year which just calls out for the golden tones and what better way to rock them than on your lids? Of all my potential recommendations, I think I'd have to go for the Collection Glam Crystals Gel Eyeliner in 'Funk'. This is probably the most easy, foolproof way of rocking a touch of sparkle on the eyes without risk of it making a mess everywhere and I love the icy-toned gold colour of it too. I've talked about it so many times over the past week - and yes, I'm rambling on about it yet again - but hey, it's good stuff, yanno. If glitter is less of your kind thang, sticking with your standard pretty shimmery gold shadow all over the lids will instantly do the trick of providing some a hint of festive glamour to your look - I personally love the light gold from the Tanya Burr Cosmetics 'Hollywood' Eyeshadow Palette (again, I seem to have mentioned this a few times recently - and again, for good reason - it is all kinds of awesome).

Moving onto the pout arena and again - going with a tried-but-true formula - you cannot go wrong with a good ol' red lip. Along with the golden-toned eyes, it's a festive classic and as you can probably imagine, there are tonnes of tones, textures and formats to choose from. Personally, I feel something like the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in '111' is the kind of red that would be flattering on almost every skintone. It's a true red that's neither too bright, nor too dark and in a creamy formula which can easily be matted down - it ticks all the boxes. However, if you are after something that's more of your 'cherry' red and are also rather partial to the massive craze that is liquid lipsticks - I've really been loving the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in 'Reckless' as of late. It's more of a brighter red that perks up the complexion and the matte, matte formula is great for over the festive season when you really need decent longevity from your lippie.

Finally - nails. Gold once again is a big recommendation of mine - pretty and effective and an instant nod to the season. For a straight-up cream finish, head straight to the Maybelline Super Stay Polish in 'Winner Takes It All'. This metallic lacquer looks equally awesome alone or used as a base for glitters such as the Seventeen Glitter Polish in 'Gold'. If red's more of your style, the Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in 'Mars' has ben a firm fave of mine in the rogue department for ages now, but if you fancy just giving some extra festive flavour to any lacquer of your choosing - the Rimmel Finishing Touch Glitter Top Coat is what you may just be looking for. The search is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS