navigation

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Polish Pick: Festive Sparkle #DitsyDecember


It's not Christmas without a touch of sparkle - right? And with red being a typically festive hue, I just knew I had to combine the two at some point. I don't think I've featured a look like this before in any of my previous #DitsyDecember series, so I guess today is the day. Wanna take a look? Carry on reading...

I started off using the Maybelline SuperStay Nail Polsih in 'Deep Red', a gorgeous - you guessed it - deep red shade - and then followed this up with the Seventeen Glitter Top Coat in 'Red', using two coats to build up the shimmery effect to a more opaque, noticeable finish. Together, they make for a winning combination and if you wanted, you could easily leave it there but as usual, I took it one step further. You know me. I really wanted an extra dose of shimmer to make the look even more festive and fun and so in came the Rimmel Finishing Touch Glitter Top Coat. This is a standard top coat (as the name suggests) but with clear, almost holographic glitter suspended within it and so layered over the top as a finishing touch (yegeddit?) it just added even more sparkle. Cause that's what Christmas is all about, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS