navigation

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Autumn Nail Polish Picks


It only seems like yesterday that Summer arrived but somehow, we are now fully into Autumn. Say what?! And just like this very post I did in the warmer months where I detailed ten polishes that I reach for as soon as Summer hits, I'm giving Autumn the very same treatment. This time round, there's an even more select lineup going on as I'm bringing you my top five lacquers that I make a beeline towards pretty much as soon as the leaves start turning brown. Let's take a look, shall we?

MAYBELLINE COLOR SHOW NAIL POLISH IN 'BRICK SHIMMER' - Kicking things off with a slightly more 'different' one - this is a beautiful copper colour. I mean, I love copper all year round but - there's something about this time of year which makes me yearn for it  even more so. Its rich, almost-reddy undertone just screams 'Autumn' to me and its shimmery, metallic finish just makes me think ahead to all of the festivities this time of year brings. I feel it just sums up Autumn in a shade - yanno? And seeing as I own a lot of coppers and rose golds in my nail polish collection, I could've easily chosen about five different lacquers for this spot but in the end, I plumped for this one. The colour is spot-on true copper and smooth, metallic effect makes for a great polish worn alone - or used as a base for something else to be layered over the top. And everyone loves a good multi-tasker... 

MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY 7 DAY NAIL POLISH IN 'DEEP RED' - I man, there just had to be a shade like this in here somewhere, right? A deep red - it does what it says on the tin and just works every single time. This one's even named as simple as that! I love a good red nail polish - who doesn't? - but in the Autumn, I start gravitating towards those with a richer, darker feel to them and this fits the bill perfectly. Ideal for that period of time before a brighter pop of red is more what we're all into (a.k.a. for Christmas), yet this is neither too deep, nor too vivid and I loves it.

MAYBELLINE COLOR SHOW NAIL POLISH IN 'CRIMSON FLUSH' - If you fancy pulling out the pinks this season, but want to give them a slight Autumn twist - try this lacquer right here. A gorgeous, mid-toned pink with a lovely mauve, purple-y undertone that gives it a more muted feel that's ideal for Autumn - this is perfect for if you're missing those rosey tones. SEE IT IN ACTION HERE.

MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY 7 DAY NAIL POLISH IN 'DIVINE WINE' - The final Maybelline inclusion for this post - yes, really - comes in the form of this lacquer right here. This is your classic, deep burgundy polish that everyone loves and goes mad for this time of year - myself included. It pulls a tad more purple-y than red, but there's a definite rouge-y hint in there and on the nails looks super-chic and sophisticated. SEE IT IN ACTION HERE.

BARRY M HI-SHINE GELLY EFFECT NAIL PAINT IN 'SPARKLING AMETHYST' - I did promise that I do have plenty of Autumn nail colours which aren't Maybelline-centered and this is certainly one, if not the best, of them. This was a Limited Edition hue that Barry M launched a couple of Autumn/Winters ago and I am so glad I picked it up as its quickly become one of my favourites for this time of year. Compared to their usual creme formulation,this is instead packed full to the brim of glitter and it. is. so. darn. beautiful. A deep, rich purple with pretty shimmery reflects of silver and blue running through it - it's a stunner - and I can't wait to bring it back out again this year... SEE IT IN ACTION HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nail polish shades for autumn, I think the pink hues are really pretty and unique for this season! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Definitely agree, love a good pinky colour for the Autumn! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS