navigation

Friday 22 September 2017

One-Wash Wonders


While I do love eyeshadow and equally love spending ages using, layering and blending different colours; using lighter shades on my lid and gradually building up depth in my outer corner and crease - I also love a good 'one wash wonder'. They're those types of shades that you can just swipe all-over the lid, buff out any harsh edges and you're done - and I personally love them. For days when I don't have the time to do anything overly intricate with my eyeshadow, simply cannot be bothered (#Relatable) or just fancy going for a more laid-back, relaxed look - they are perfect. Wanna know some of my favourites? Just keep on reading...

RIMMEL MAGNIF'EYES MONO EYESHADOW IN 'MILLIONAIRE' - The ultimate, one-wash-wonder for me personally in my stash is this beauty from Rimmel. It's the perfect shimmery, golden bronze that's neither too light, nor too dark and also just hits the sweet spot in terms of being the perfect, slightly-warm, slightly-cool-toned shadow. Washed all over the lids and worn alone it just adds the right amount of depth and definition and creates a lovely, slightly smokey effect to the eyes too which I really rather love.

RIMMEL SCANDALEYES SHADOW STICK BY KATE IN 'ROSE GOLD' - Another winner from Rimmel comes in the shape of this awesome cream shadow stick. If you've been reading this blog for a good while now, you'll most likely already know that this is a major favourite of mine. Ever since discovering it sometime last year, I have been fully in love with it. And while it can easily be used in conjunction with other, deeper shades in the outer corner and crease and the cream formula makes for a great base for other shadows to be layered over the top of - I equally love it simply scribbled all over the lids, blended out at the edges and worn alone. It's basically exactly what it says on the tin - a true, warm, rich copper/rose gold - and on the lids it is just so, so stunning. You don't even necessarily need any brushes if you wear it this way either - the pencil format makes it super-easy to line the lower lashline too! What more could you want, eh?

MAYBELLINE EYESTUDIO COLOR TATTOO 24HR CREAM GEL EYESHADOW IN 'ON AND ON BRONZE' - We're now fully into the cream shadow territory now, as that seems to be where the majority of these one-wash-wonders are at and one of the classic, all-time faves has to be this one from Maybelline. Everyone and their Nan seems to obsess over this and I have to include myself in that statement. This has been around for years and yet it's still one of my go-to's when I want something to layer all over the lid and leave things there. Again, it is exactly what it says on the tin - a super-pretty, shimmery goldy-bronze shadow. It's basically Rimmel's 'Millionaire', yet in cream format and I am all about that.

MAYBELLINE EYESTUDIO COLOR TATTOO 24HR CREAM GEL EYESHADOW IN 'METALLIC POMEGRANATE' - This is another of the amazing 'Color Tattoo' cream shadows that has, again, been around the beauty block for ages at this point and yet is still one of my favourites. A deep, burgundy purple-y red with stunning golden shimmery flecks - it. is. so. darn. pretty. Again, while the cream texture does makes for a great, slightly-tacky base for powder shadow - I personally adore this worn alone. If anything I feel like I kinda prefer wearing this shade that way. I know, shocker alert. It's also a shade I feel I'm going to be gravitating towards a lot once again, with us now going into Autumn/Winter...

NYX LID LINGERIE EYE TINT IN 'SWEET CLOUD' - Finally, last but certainly by no means least - this stunner from NYX just had to make the cut for this post. A liquid shadow this time that you apply straight onto the lid with an almost lipgloss-esque doe foot applicator - this is a super pretty shade. It's definitely more on the slightly-cooler 'rose gold' end of the spectrum but I really like rather it. Though it is a liquid shadow, it's one of the few in my stash that I actually prefer wearing alone. It gives such an intense, metallic sheen to the eyes and I find that applying something over the top almost disrupts that finish and so this is definitely a product that falls perfectly under this 'One Wash Wonder' Edit. I kinda want to pick up some more shades of these as if this one is anything to go by, they are awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS