navigation

Monday 16 October 2017

First Impressions: Tanya Burr Cosmetics 'Selfie Lash' Mascara


If you've been reading round these parts for some time now, you'll already know that I am a big, big fan of Tanya Burr Cosmetics. Pretty much every single product I've tried from the brand has been awesome and it's all very affordable too so - what's not to love? A few weeks ago, Tanya announced yet another collection, called 'Selfie Story'; featuring brow pencils, a liquid liner and, the most exciting of them all - a mascara! Ever since Tanya first started talking about one of these being in the making a good couple of years back now, I have been super excited for the day to come when it was released and thankfully, that day has finally come. Following alone the same 'Selfie' theme, this is called the 'Selfie Lash' Mascara and as always with all Tanya Burr Cosmetics, it retails for a very reasonable price-point of £7.99. Bargainous, right? But, does it actually work? Let's find out...

As the title of this post suggests, this is more of a 'First Impression' rather than a full, 'Tried and Tested'-style review that I tend to do more often. I haven't used this mascara tonnes of times just yet and feel that I would need to use it for a longer period of time to give a proper, in-depth opinion but going on right now - I am a big fan so far. First off, the packaging is really nice and definitely more luxe-feeling than the affordable price-tag would make you assume it to be. A shiny gold outer casing with matte black trim - it's all very fancy-looking as I said, much more in-line with the type of packaging you'd typically see on higher end brands. The mascara itself also feels very weighty too, which again helps to the whole luxury feel and makes me hopeful that you seem to get a decent amount of product inside. But, the proof of the pudding really is in the eating and so - what's it actually like, eh? Taking the wand out for the first time, I was hopeful. One thing I really noticed about this mascara was the wand itself is quite long, if ya get what I mean. The cap is quite short and so the majority of the space is left for a pretty long and lengthy wand (minds out the gutter, please), meaning you get complete control over how and where you apply it. It's a small touch, but one which I definitely feel makes a big difference after putting the mascara into practice for the first time. The brush itself is rather slim and again, elongated, with a slightly tapered end and it is plastic-based as opposed to being 'bristle-y' (like my recent fave, L'Oreal's Lash Paradise) and seeing as I tend to get along with both types personally, that didn't deter me at all. And after using this mascara for the very first time - I'm very glad it didn't. While the brush is plastic-y, it's not harsh on the eyes and doesn't make me feel like it's cutting my eyeballs - and that's always a bonus, right? The tapered shape makes it super easy to get every single lash - especially around the inner and outer corners - and the slim shape means you can get all up in the root of the lashes without ruining your eye makeup. And all together, this all works together to make a pretty darn awesome mascara. This mascara does wonders to my lashes - particularity in terms of length and lift. It elongates my lashes to such an extent that they almost touch my eyebrows (yes, really) and really gives them a super lifted, curly, fluttery finish - which I love. The brush really fans and separates the lashes out, while also thickening them up without any clumps to be seen and best of all - it's buildable. You can apply this stuff lightly for a really light, 'natural' effect; or you can really layer it up to a more thick, intense - but still very pretty - finish and while I always tend to opt for the latter, I really like how customisable this mascara is. All in all, it claims to offers 'eye-defining, buildable drama' all so far, I'd certainly agree with that. I will be trying it out a lot more and will definitely continue to update you lovely lot but so far, so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS