navigation

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Berry Lips


It's Autumn and while it's proper cliche, I love a good berry lip this time of year. Everyone says it, but I can't help but agree and I thought if you need any more persuading - I'd compile some of my top picks from this colour family that I love whacking on during Autumn (and even throughout Winter too) that are all berry, burgundy-toned and just ideal for the colder months. Whether you want to team them up with a stronger eye, or go lighter on the lids and let your lips do the talking - here are some of my favourites...

MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY MATTE INK LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 'VOYAGER' - The most recent addition to my lipstick stash - and in a very Autumnal shade too - comes in the form of this new liquid lipstick formula from Maybelline. It's a weird one as while it's a matte liquid lip, it doesn't have that powdery matte-type finish that I usually look for - and find to work the best. It definitely does set into place and once on, doesn't transfer or move all day - but yet it doesn't feel or look like a typical matte liquid lip. Bizarre, but I actually rather like it as the one thing it does do is act like a matte liquid lip - only wearing away throughout the day in the very centre of your lips and due to the less matte, matte formula - doesn't feel or look super dry on the lips. This colour is also a winner for Autumn - a super dark, deep blackcurrant hue that's very intense and vampy on the lips - and I really rather love it.

BARRY M 'MATTE ME UP' LIQUID LIP KIT IN 'RUNWAY' - You already know if you've read my post I did not too long ago here that I am a big, big fan of the 'Matte Me Up 'Liquid Lipsticks from Barry M. They're probably my favourite, favourite range on the drugstore market and that includes their Lip Kits - including a lip paint and a matching lip liner. This colour, 'Runway', is a gorgeous pinky berry colour that looks so pretty - and very Autumnal indeed - on the lips. It doesn't look that deep or dark when first applied, but once it's dried down, it transforms into the most perfect hue for this time of year and combined with the fact that I adore the formula of these liquid lipsticks - it's a match made in heaven, that's for sure.

RIMMEL KATE MOSS MATTE LIPSTICK '107' - The classic berry lip that no doubt everyone already has somewhere in their collection. A standard lipstick set-up with a matte (but not matte, matte) texture and in an awesome deep, rich, burgundy tone that just screams 'Autumn' - it's always a winner if you need a berry lip, asap.

BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET LIPSTICK IN 'PLUM PLUM GIRL' - A favourite from around this time last year comes from Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet range - one of my favourite lip product collections in the drugstore - and it's this gorgeous, deep plum colour (as the name suggests!). The formula takes a couple of coats to achieve full opacity and it doesn't fully set down to the most long-wearing, hard-wearing finish ever; but I am kinda able to look past it for the colour alone.

MAYBELLINE COLOR DRAMA VELVET LIP PENCIL IN 'KEEP IT CLASSY' - A lip pencil set-up this time, this one's certainly not the deepest in the line-up, but it's still very berry in colour, of course. It's almost got more of a dusky, mauve undertone it but I love it and it's a great option for when I want a berry lip, but perhaps one that's more parred-back. The formula is matte, but not fully matte and so doesn't last the best, but does feel uber-comfortable and the pencil format makes it super quick and easy to quite literally scribble onto the lips and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS