navigation

Friday 20 October 2017

Polish Pick: Red Holographic


It's Autumn and so, red nails have kinda become my thing again. I love a good touch of rogue on the ol' nails, but even though I do appreciate it a lot, I can't help but fancy switching things up from the usual, classic creme finish and introducing something a little different every now and again when I rock the red nails - and this is exactly where this post comes in. Red nails, but with a bit of a sparkly, holographic-esque twist...

Obviously, I kicked things off using one of my favourite red nail lacquers - Rimmel's Salon Pro Nail Polish in 'Mars'. I don't actually know if they even make this range anymore (if they don't - boo!) but for now, it remains one of my go-to's when I want to rock a red on my talons. It's a straight-up, in the middle rouge that's neither overly bright, super deep in tone and in just two coats, you can achieve full opacity and coverage. It's an all-round winner in my opinion and while I love using it alone for a classic red look, I love mixing things up every so often and trying out new, unique ways to wear it and one method I've tried out recently - and loved - is applying a holographic top coat over the top as a finishing touch. It instantly adds a - you guessed it - holographic, unicorn-style overlay to the red and transforms it from your everyday colour to something far, far more exciting. The way it reflects the light almost makes it appear more of a deep raspberry pink as opposed to a true red and I just really like how in just one simple coat - you've got yourself a whole new nail colour, with a super-shimmery finish to boot. Oooh yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS