navigation

Monday 23 October 2017

Autumnal Eyeshadow Palettes


As I've said numerous times before - one thing I really love about Autumn is the shift in makeup style. I love those classic warm tones - the reds, oranges, purples - that this time of year calls for (much like everyone else) and just generally making my makeup that little bit more deeper, darker and smokey. The eyes are the first area that I tend to change things up first off and eyeshadow remains the department of makeup that I just love experimenting with all. the. darn. time. So, I figured it was fitting that today, I'd run you lovely lot through some of my favourite, favourite eyeshadow palettes that just scream 'Autumnal' to me...

SOPH X MAKEUP REVOLUTION EYESHADOW PALETTE -  Kicking off with what has to be my favourite, go-to, wearing-every-single-day-since-I-got-it palette - the new collaboration from the lovely SophDoesNails and Makeup Revolution. As I said, ever since this palette entered my life a few weeks back - it has quite literally been the only on I've even considered putting on my eyelids. It. Is. Awesome and if you haven't already picked one up or yourself, I strongly suggest you do so. For only £10, you get not only a massive mirror, but also a grand total of 24 shades - all of which are well-pigmented, easy to blend and have little to no falldown. I think one of the reasons it's been so prevalent in my makeup routine since I bought it is that so many of the colours inside are just perfect for this time of year. From a bright, vivid copper to a shimmery deep red; a gorgeous khaki green to a bright purple - not to mention all of the warm, rich mattes to use alongside them in the crease and to smoke out the lower lashline. I just adore this palette and especially for Autumn - it is a winner. OK, I'll shut up now.

NYX WARM NEUTRALS EYESHADOW PALETTE - If all-out warm tones are more your kinda thang - this is for sure the palette I'd point you in the direction of. As a lover of all of the reds, oranges and rich browns all-year-long; it's a palette that I personally tend to gravitate towards no matter what the season, but especially during Autumn it is just perfect. You've got a mix of mattes and shimmer - all of which are of amazing quality - and the fact this is such a 'themed' palette means pretty much every shade complements the other and it's super quick and easy to practically throw together a bunch of shades that you know are gonna go together and look awesome (even if I do say so myself)...

FLEUR DE FORCE EYESHADOW QUAD IN 'LUNAR ROSE' - A small, select palette that's a great one for this cooler, crisper time of year is this one from the lovely Fleur De Force's makeup line. I'm unsure whether they even sell this any more (a big 'boo!' if they don't) but if they do, or if you already have this somewhere in your stash at home - I'd highly recommend picking it up and giving it a go this Autumn. The rose gold/copper in particular is just all kinds of stunning and with one of the paler shades to highlight - depending on whether you like a shimmer or matte for this - and the deep, purple matte in the outer corner and crease to deepen and smoke things up; it's a winner. It's a look that can be easily dialled up or parred back and is a nice way of adding some colour, but still in a wearable way.

TANYA BURR COSMETICS EYESHADOW PALETTE IN 'MY ESCAPE' - If olives and khakis are more of your cup of tea - give this offering from Tanya Burr Cosmetics a go. I personally have really gotten into wearing more green tones on my eyes over the past year or so and especially tend to gravitate towards them come the Autumn/Winter. As I said earlier, I am definitely a warm-toned eyeshadow gal on the regular, but when the cooler weather hits I do find myself enjoying a more cool-toned shadow also and this palette is just perfect for that. You've got your olive green shimmer, a couple of super cool-toned matte brows (one leaning more green-ish, the other with more of a purple-y hint) and a nice, pinky inner corner highlight to brighten and break things up and if you put it all together - you've got yourself a nice Autumnal look, again with a slightly colourful, but still fairly 'neutral' twist...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS