navigation

Friday 13 October 2017

KIKO Makeup Wishlist...


KIKO is a brand I've never, ever sampled anything from before but have always fancied doing so and with a brand-new, very swish-looking store having recently opened up in my town - it's safe to say I have been fast collating a mental list of all of the things that I fancy picking up to try. Whether or not they end up making the cut when I eventually pop in - only time will tell - but for now, let's take a look at what I'm adding to my Shopping List...

UNIVERSAL FIT FOUNDATION - I remember a few years back, everyone and their Nan was going on about this foundation and from what I recall, I think a lot of people loved it. I don't tend to try a lot of foundations out but when I'm testing a new brand out, I do like seeing what their bases are all about so maybe I'll just have to pick this up in my shade...

RADIANT FUSION BAKED POWDER - I don't tend to get that excited about trying new face powders - I have my favourites and always use those - but this one stood out to me when browsing the KIKO website. You know the infamous Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders that supposedly mattify, while also leaving your skin looking nice and glowy at the same time? These powders basically sounds like a dupe of those. I like to set my makeup, but I also love the concept of still having your skin look healthy and just generally still 'skin-like' at the same time. I've obviously never tried the Hourglass ones myself, but I've heard amazing things and I feel like maybe, by picking one of these up, I could achieve a similar-ish effect?

FLAWLESS FUSION BRONZER POWDER - I feel like I am always on the hunt for a new, amazing bronzer and again, it's always something I tend to check out when looking at a brand I've never tried before for the first time. This matte formula (my personalty preference) looks rather good and seeing as it comes in a wide selection of colours - I'm hoping that I should be able to find one which suits my paler skintone and warms things up, without making my look like an Oompa Loompa. Only time will tell, eh?

GLOW FUSION POWDER HIGHLIGHTER - Again, another product I always like to give a look over from any and every brand I come across are highlighters. Much like pretty much everyone else - I love a good highlighter of all formulas, finishes and set-ups and while all of the offerings from KIKO look amazing, it's these individual powder glow-givers that have really caught my eye. They, again, come in a wide variety of colours - so there should hopefully be something perfect for me - and the texture looks to be really glowy, but finely-milled at the same time and that is what I am all about with powder highlighters. Or pretty much any highlighter really. Ain't nobody got time for a chunky highlighter...

PEARLY EYE BASE - You all know by now that in terms of eye primers, I am wholly dedicated to my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's the one eye primer that I've ever used that always works, no matter what, every single day. It acts as a great base, stops things from creasing, fading or flaking off all day long, but while I adore it, I kinda fancy picking this up from KIKO as an alternative. Compared to the matte finish of the Primer Potion, this stuff has a pearly effect and so I'm thinking that it may be handy for if I want to so a shimmery eye look, or if I want to skin eyeshadow entirely and simply want my lids to have a slightly sheeney finish alone. Everyone loves a good two-in-one and providing it actually does work as a good primer itself - this could be a good option. Don't worry though - it's definitely not going to be a replacement...

MAGNETIC EYESHADOWS - Moving onto all things Eyes and I have a fair few shadow formulas which have caught my eye - both cream and powder. I'd say of all of KIKO's range, it's the Eye products that I've always head the most about and have probably sat on my wishlist for the longest so I'd say it's those which are most likely to be actually purchased very soon. These magnetic eyeshadows are a pretty recent addition I believe and ever since seeing them crop up in various blog posts and YouTube videos, I've been intrigued and really fancy giving them a go myself. Not only do they look very cool indeed, they look awesome when actually put into practice too so - what more could you want, eh?

LONG-LASTING EYESHADOW STICKS - The one product I have been after checking out from KIKO for what has felt like the longest time are their cream eyeshadow sticks. A couple of years back, I remember seeing them popping up here, there and everywhere and again, hearing amazing things and so I feel like I just have to give them a go myself. Especially as there seems to be so many amazing-looking shades available...

WATER EYESHADOWS - Back onto powder shadows and again, these individual range look all kinds of amazing. As I said, these are powder formula eyeshadow, but you can use them both wet and dry - hence the 'water' name. You can apply them dry as normal for a nice wash of colour; or apply some onto a brush, dampen it with some setting spray and go in for an even more intense, pigmented look and I love the entire concept. They also look so darn pretty in the pan too and while that's certainly not the most essential thing - it's always nice when things are aesthetically pleasing, right?

GLITTER AND METALLIC EYELINERS - KIKO have so, so many eyeliners of all types, formulas, finishes, set-ups - you get the gist - but right now, the ones which have caught my eye the most are the liquid ones. Not your everyday, standard black though, oh no - I'm talking the more colourful side of things. I love the look of their coloured liquid liners and I also really like the look of the ones which a more pearly, metallic finish too. There's also a couple of glitter liners available aswell and we all know how much I love glitter for the ol' eyes - especially in the liquid liner format that makes it super quick, easy and convenient for applying with minimal fuss or mess. Fingers crossed these ones will live up to expectation if I do end up picking them up...

EXTRA SCULPT VOLUME MASCARA - The other day, I was watching a video from the lovely Amy Farquhar (watch her awesome videos here) and she was highly recommending this mascara from KIKO and obviously, I just had to put it on my mental shopping list as a result. I'm always up for trying new mascaras to see if the grass is any greener than the current one I'm obsessing over and who knows - maybe this one could beat anything I've tried before? There's only one way to find out...

LIP LINERS - I can't exactly remember where, but I feel I've heard really good things about the lip liners from KIKO. They're amazingly affordable, but they're also apparently really rather good for their cheap price-point too and that is what I'm all about when it comes to makeup. Generally, I don't tend to wish to spend that much on lip liners, out of all of my makeup products, and so if they really are as good as everyone claims them to be - I may just be onto a winner with these.

INSTANT COLOUR MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOURS - Again, liquid lipsticks are a product I always gravitate towards when trying out makeup from a new brand to me. I adore a good matte liquid lipstick and I am always up for trying out new formulas and seeing if again, the grass is any greener over the other side. From what I've read of KIKO's offering, they appear to be up my street and come in a great range of different hues too so *fingers crossed* if I do pick one or two shades up anytime soon, they'll live up to expectations...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS