navigation

Monday 9 October 2017

Polish Pick: Copper Sparkle


If you haven't guessed already, I love a good bit of copper. Those warm, pinky-reddy tones just call out to me and whether it be clothing, makeup or nails - I am all for it. I've done a fair few copper-inspired 'Polish Pick' posts in the past but one more can't hurt, right? This was a look I rocked pretty recently this weekend when going on a good ol' night out and I loved it so let's take a look, shall we?

It may be a couple of months until we fully enter what I like to deem 'Glitter Season' (a.k.a. December, the time of Christmas, New Years and all of those fun festivities) but personally I love whipping out the sparkly stuff pretty much all-year-round so do excuse me on that one. As a base, I first went in with one of my favourite coppery lacquers - Barry M's Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Copper Mine'. This, as the name suggests, is a gorgeous metallic true, copper and it. is. stunning. In just two coats, you get a true, warm copper with full opacity and coverage with a lovely, smooth metallised finish. It's super pretty and eye-catching won alone, but as always, I like to go that step further - especially for a night out - and go in with some glitter. Oooh. As the shade underneath is so pretty itself, I didn't want anything with too much coverage so as to not be too overpowering and I found the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Pink Party Dress' to be ideal for exactly that. It's essentially a finely-milled copper shimmer suspended in a clear polish formula, so it makes for the perfect polish topper - particularly when paired with a pretty-similar-coloured base. Though it is essentially a simple glitter, the particles really pack a punch when layered onto the nails, so much so that I find one coat of it to be more than enough. In one simple step, my nails are transformed and who doesn't love anything that's as quick and easy as that, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS