navigation

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Why I Adore The Barry M Matte Me Up Liquid Lip Paints...




If you've been reading 'Dainty Ditsy' for some time now - you'll most likely already know that matte liquid lipsticks are my thing. Ever since they first came onto the scene a few years back and I tried one out for the very first time - I have been obsessed - and hence, I've tried a fair few formulas out since. And while I have discovered a lot of favourites, one offering which I feel may just have to take the top, top spot are the Barry M 'Matte Me Up' Liquid Lip Paints. Yeah, I know - I actually said it. These are my favourite, favourite matte liquid lipsticks. And I'm about to tell you just why...

First off - they retail for just £4.99 each. Bargainous, right? They have to come in at one of the most affordable options liquid lip-wise and you get a good amount of product too so you're most definitely getting great bang for your buck. The packaging is also very sleek and stylish and I really like the overall design too. However, personally, it's the formula which seals the deal for me. It. Is. Awesome. It's super thin and almost-watery in texture and glides onto the lips like a dream. Because the formula is so thin, it feels super lightweight on the lips and takes basically no time to dry down from super glossy to super matte and - best of all - it's got the completely matte, powdery finish that I adore. Once dried down, it's fully locked into place and doesn't move until you say so and though, like pretty much all matte liquid lips, they do feel a tad drying to wear, it's definitely not the worse culprit for making my lips feel a little prune-like - which is always a bonus. There's a huge range of shades available and of course, I've gradually built up my own collection to end up having close to every single shade they've come out with so far. I know, I know - I did say I was rather obsessed. I really love the shade range that Barry M have come out with so far - there's everything from your everyday nudes to your bolder pinks, purples and reds and basically every colour in-between and as I said, I'd say at this point I have nearly every shade they're released in my stash. Every shade I love and every one is as equally-pigmented as the one before it and I'd say the formula is bang-on consistently good across the board too - which is sometimes quite a rarity in makeup product lines. I recently finally caved and bought the two original nudes from the range - 'Minimalist' (a light pinky nude) and 'On The Scene' (a light, warm-brown nude) - while I bought 'Pop Up' (a deep, raspberry pink) and 'Paparazzi' (a classic, true red) way back when the range was first launched and I love both of them for when I want to go bolder or deeper with my lip colour. I especially cannot wait to rock 'Paparazzi' all. the. darn. time. when the festive season rolls around over the coming months. I also picked up the two Limited Edition colours from this Summer that I reviewed here - 'Pinksplosion' (a super-bright, pretty pink) and 'Confetti Purple' (a bright purple) and again, these are great to have in my stash for when I want a super-bright colour, particularly for the Spring/Summer. 

Aswell as the singles, Barry M have released a few colours of exactly the same 'Matte Me Up' Liquid Lip Paint formula that are all packaged up as a 'Lip Kit' (you know, ala Kylie Cosmetics) and come with their own matching lip liner that you can use to get the full-on matte lip effect. It's certainly not essential, but it's a nice touch nevertheless and I personally really enjoy the formula of the lip liners - pigmented and creamy but still resistant enough to get a precise line and also keep things in place. Some shades are/were Limited Edition, some are still available and there's also recently been some brand new colours added to the line-up that I haven't checked out just yet but so far, I've got the shades 'Pose' (a pale, cool-toned pinky-nude), 'Go-To' (a slightly deeper, warmer browney-nude), 'Runway' (a rich, pink/purple-toned berry) and 'Blowout' (a slightly more purple-toned berry). I actually tried these out before I even discovered the singles - and I've actually done a full review of them here if you want to find out more - but all in all, they're equally awesome and great to pick up if you fancy getting a nice little matching set. Cause who doesn;t love that, eh/

So, overall, I think we all know by now that the Barry M Matte Me Up Liquid Lip Paints are so. darn. awesome. and are by far my favourite, favourite matte liquid lip offering from the drugstore. They're affordable, come in a huge range of colours that appeal to everyone and anyone and are such amazing quality too. What are you waiting for? Give them a go, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS