navigation

Monday 20 November 2017

An Awesome, Affordable Primer...


I always stand by the fact that if you find yourself a good face primer - you're set. A good face primer will really help your makeup to stay in place all day long, but I also tend to find they aid makeup application and really improve the entire finished result too. All in all, it's a crucial step in my makeup routine and one I can never really go without. I've tried a fair few over the years and have quite a few favourites but one which I loved and then kinda lost - until now, that is - is the Primark Perfect Glow Primer. This was a complete bargain at just £3 (!!) when I picked it up basically a year ago now and although I'm pretty sure you cannot get hold of it in-store anymore - as it usually the case with all of the makeup range from Primark - seeing as I have recently kinda rediscovered it and refound my love for it, I figured I'd still throw the spotlight on it today...

This primer claims to help 'illuminate and smooth the skin and help to blue the appearance of imperfections' and you know what? I'd definitely agree with those statements. For such a complete steal of a primer, it really does work amazingly well. The consistency is quite thick, but a little goes a real long way and I find it to quickly melt into the skin once you start working it in. It also turns ever-so-slightly tacky once applied onto the skin and so does the job at keeping my makeup in place; but the sheeny formula - while having no chunky glitter or shimmer, thankfully - also helps to really amp up the glow and make my complexion appear far more radiant and dewy. Which, for someone like me who has more dry/dehydrated skin - is always a blessing. But, at the same time, I also feel like it provides the best of both worlds in terms of what I personally want from a primer. Sometimes, when a face primer does lean more towards the glowy side of things, the texture can in turn cause more issues with it emphasising any pores or texture issues but with this one, it just doesn't. It really does do exactly what it says on the tin - and isn't that always what we want, right? All in all, I'm really glad I picked this little beauty back up again and I think we all know the primer that I'm going to be using for the foreseeable... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS