navigation

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Khaki Eyes


Talking about all things green-tinged on the nails in last week's Polish Pick (which you can find here) has kinda got me all inspired to mention how I've been loving adding some green tinge-ness (in a good wayon my eyes lately. I used to be a little scared of khaki, olive-toned eyeshadow, but over time it's actually become one of my favourite ways of incorporating colour on my lids - especially for this time of year. I mean, it can actually be pretty wearable and so, I figured today I'd share some of my favourite products/shades for when I'm channeling those green vibes...

If I want a super-quick, 'one-wash-wonder' that I can practically chuck onto my lids, buff out the edges and leave things there - I'll reach for my L'Oreal Infalliable Liquid Eyeshadow Paint in '202 Khaki'. This - you guessed it - khaki green is great for when you want an easy look, or even if you're dipping your toe into trying green on your eyes for the first time and as it's a liquid/cream formula - it also makes for a great base for powder shadows to be layered over the top of -making them more intense, pigmented and just generally more 'wow'. Also, the formula of this product itself has the tiniest amount of shimmer in it, but it's not outright metallic and so if you want to go all sheen-ey and green-ey on your lids - this may just be the ideal product to lay down first.

But, what would I recommend following up with though? Well, with powder shadows, most of the colours that I personally own that fall into this particular colour family are in palettes, as opposed to single shadows. The one which I've fallen in love with the most ever since I first got hold of the awesome palette its encased within is 'Pine Tree' from the amazing Soph x Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow Palette. If you read my original review of the palette, or have read round here anytime since - where I've probably mentioned it a fair few times - you'll know that I love, love, LOVE this palette. The shades are amazing, the £10 price-point equally so and 'Pine Tree' has to be one of my favourite colours from the entire collection. An almost-metallic forest green shimmer with gorgeous gold flecks embedded within it - it. is. so. stunning. It's so rich in pigment and colour that you don't even need to wet your brush to achieve the full effect and it works so well alone, paired with one (or a few) of the amazing shades in the rest of the palette - or, as I said, used on top of the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Paint.

Haven't got Soph's palette in your stash? First off, I highly recommend you add it to your collection, asap, but secondly - perhaps you might be able to get hold of the Tanya Burr Cosmetics 'My Escape' Eyeshadow Palette instead. Another budget-friendly option that inside holds some awesome shadows - but this time, this one is pretty much entirely based around gorgeous green hues. It's also a quad shadow format, and so you're getting a much more edited selection in terms of the amount of shades - and ones that all cater for one look. Again, for such a bargainous palette, the quality of these shadows is amazingly good and used together, they create such a pretty, khaki green-tinged eye. The pretty, pale pink shimmer makes for a great, complementary inner corner highlight, whilst the matte brows (one with a slight green undertone, the other with a more purple-toned base) again, work with the main star of the show - the olive green shimmer shade - perfectly. I do love a good eyeshadow quad - so quick, easy and convenient...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS