navigation

Wednesday 29 November 2017

November: The Love List


I can't believe we are on the penultimate 'The Love List' for 2017. Just where has this year gone, eh? This will be my last 'proper' post of November (aside from a little 'Introduction' post to this year's #DitsyDecember that'll be going up on the last day of the month, as usual) but for now - let's get talking all of the things that I have been loving throughout this past month and want to share with you all...

MAYBELLINE DREAM SATIN LIQUID IN '02 FAIR BEIGE' - While I love my beloved Bourjois Healthy Mix, having used it pretty regularly for a good few years now - it's safe to say I am getting a tad bored of it. I made it my mission this year to discover some new bases from the drugstore that were just as good, if not maybe even better, and I think I've definitely come close with this newest find from Maybelline that I picked up here. I've never actually tried any other foundations from Maybelline before this one as most seem to be either more matte or more full coverage than I'd like (or even both) but then I came across this one. From what I can tell, this foundation has been part of the brand's line-up long-term, and to be honest, I'm surprised I've never tried it out sooner as on paper - it definitely sounded like the sort of foundation that I would enjoy. And you know what? I really, really do. This foundation is pretty comparable to the likes of Healthy Mix - with its medium coverage, easy to blend formula and dewy finish. The colour I picked up is a good match for me and I find a good pump and a half is the perfect amount to cover my entire face. It can be sheered out, or built up (though, like Healthy Mix, never to a full, full coverage finish) and the finished effect is just really lovely and skin-like. It's a winner in my books.

L'OREAL BROW ARTISTE PLUMPER IN 'MEDIUM/DARK' - This is more of a re-discovered favourite that I'm sure I've mentioned many times before in the past, but this month I started using it once again and have been loving it. It basically sets my brows into place, adds a slight tint of colour and has a fiber-filling formula that make my natural, quite-sparse brows look far more beefy and bulky - which is what I am all about, yanno? It's an oldie, but a real goodie and I am really glad to have it back in my makeup routine again!

SUPERDRUG NATURALLY RADIANT SKINCARE RANGE - I have really been liking this skincare range from Superdrug this month. For such an affordable selection of products, so far, the two I've tried have been awesome. Their Glycolic Cleansing Pads are basically an exact dupe of the Nip + Fab Gylcolic Fix Pads (that are more than double the price) and their Brightening Eye Cream has, so far, been doing a great job at hydrating those under-eye bags of mine. As I said, the whole range is super-inexpensive for what it is and usually it tends to be on some kind of offer at Superdrug too - what more could you want?

REAL TECHNIQUES BOLD METALS '203 TAPERED SHADOW BRUSH' - It's a shocker, but I actually haven't bought any new makeup brushes in a while. I was rather happy with the collection I've built up and didn't feel the need to invest in anything new - until I spotted this brush. I've actually had my eye on it for a while and it was only when I saw it on a half price offer in Boots a few weeks back that I finally decided to take the plunge and pick it up. The brushes in the 'Bold Metals' range are more on the pricier side of things (hence why I've only got two in my stash - this one and another, larger eyeshadow brush) but they are definitely worth the splurge. They're weighty, the bristles are incredibly extra-soft and they do a great job at applying and blending makeup. This brush in particular is just perfect for eyeshadow as it's dense and large enough to lay colour onto the lids, tapered enough to sweep definition into the crease and fluffy enough to blend things altogether. Basically, I just really love how multi-purpose this brush is and how you can use it for one thing, or even a little bit of everything. 

PRIMARK PERFECT GLOW PRIMER - Primer-wise, I have rediscovered an old favourite in the form of this face primer from Primark Beauty. I picked it up originally for a good ol' 'Testing Primark Makeup' post and though I really enjoyed it at the time, for some reason it managed to fall by the wayside for a while. I guess I tried new products, fell in love with those and then forgot about how great this primer was - until now, that is. I had a good rummage through my makeup drawers recently and came across it - I picked it back up, gave it another try and I'm loving it all over again. It's a pretty thick consistency, but as soon as you start rubbing it in it instantly melts into your complexion and gives such a gorgeous, dewy (but not glittery) sheen. It also does a great job of blurring the skin out and making things appear more smooth - something I don't tend to find glowy primers to do - and just generally makes my skin look pretty darn great. And for such a bargainous product - that ain't half bad...

MAYBELLINE MASTER STROBING LIQUID IN 'LIGHT IRIDESCENT' -  If I want more of a concentrated, liquid highlighter as opposed to the all-over glow of the above primer - this month I have been reaching for this liquid illuminator from Maybelline. Another rediscovered product (what is it with this month and loving old favourites, eh?), this was again, loved and then lost - most likely when the next best thing came along. Bad, I know, but at least I've finally dug it back out, right? The has to be one of my favourite liquid highlighters I've tried - it's super-blinding; easy to apply however you wish and has a really pretty, flattering pink colour that's neither too icy, nor too warm in undertone. It's basically perfect and the smallest amount goes such a long, long way too. I will most definitely be continuing using this regularly from now on...

BARRY M HI-SHINE GELLY EFFECT NAIL PAINT IN 'MATCHA' AND 'BLUE JADE' - I picked both of these colours up earlier on in the month (along with a couple of other new, Autumn-inspired shades from Barry M) and ever since I lacquered them onto my nails for the first time - I have been loving them. A dusky, khaki green and a deep, petrol blue - both just ideal hues for this time of year. I don't usually go for greens and blues on my nails, but if I ever so, these sort of tones are what I go for - bold, yet almost still understated and very, very wearable. The formula of both is also just as consistently good as all of the other Gelly's I've tried - creamy, opaque in maximum of two coats and dries quickly to a super-shiny, gel-like finish. What's not to love?

L'OREAL INFALLIBLE LIQUID EYESHADOW PAINT IN '202 KHAKI' - Another khaki green-based product that I've been really enjoying this month has been this little liquid eyeshadow from L'Oreal. Ever since doing this post all about how I personally love wearing green tones on my eyes, I have been loving wearing this on my lids. Again, this is something that's been in my stash for a little while and I guess doing that post kinda made me want to use it all over again - and I'm so glad it did. It does basically exactly what it says on the tin - a liquid shadow, in the perfect khaki green colour - and not only is it great worn alone, it also makes for a great base for any green-tinged powder shadows in my collection to be layered on top of. Another awesome multi-purpose product and another very Autumn-inspired inclusion too...

MAYBELLINE COLOR TATTOO EYE CHROME IN 'BEIGE LUSTER' - Finally - yet another liquid eyeshadow! I seem to go through phases where I wear a tonne of creams and liquids on my lids, and then I'll suddenly go ages without even going to pick one up and it appears right now - we're firmly in the former category. This is a brand-new product that's been added to Maybelline's line-up and as soon as I saw it was an extension of the 'Color Tattoo' family - I was instantly excited and knew I had to pick a shade up to try out, as I did here. The cream versions are just so darn awesome and so I was pretty hopeful their liquid counterparts would just as equally impress and thankfully - I was not wrong. This shade in particular, 'Beige Luster', is the perfect bronze shimmer that can, much like the above liquid shadow, be used alone for a quick 'n' easy eye look, or used as a base. Once you first apply, you are given enough time to quickly buff out the edges before the liquid dries down into a powdery finish and firmly locks into place, all day long. It doesn't move, crease or flake, as I said, can be used in a whole host of ways for a wide variety of different looks and effects too. Hopefully I can pick up some more shades as, going from this one alone, this range looks to be a winner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS