navigation

Friday 22 December 2017

Eye Glitter - A How-To... #DitsyDecember


If you can't rock all of the glitter makeup-wise in December, at Christmas and in the run-up to the party season - when can you, right? It's part and parcel of it all for me and though I love the shimmery stuff all year long - I love it even more so over this festive time of year. Over time, I've discovered various ways of incorporating it into my makeup routine and so, today, I thought I'd share some with you lovely lot. Let's get started...

The first - and probably easiest way - I've found of adding some instant glitz and glam into your makeup is through a good ol' Glitter Eyeliner. This was probably the first method I tried and still now kinda remains my favourite of them all. Though technically dubbed as 'eyeliners', you can utilise these handy little things in many, many other ways too. Either take the glitter straight from the applicator, or apply some straight onto your fingertips and dab onto your lids, cheekbones or anywhere on your body and as the glitter is suspended in an (often) clear, gel formula - you don't even need any additional glitter 'glue' as it *should* adhere perfectly fine by itself. Winner! My personal faves are the Collection Glam Crystals. They're super-affordable, come in a whole range of colours, are extremely sparkly and reflective and apply and last on the skin all-day-long. I have 'Funk' (a true, light gold), 'Glitz' ( a bright silver) and most recently, have added 'Hustle' (a holographic, iridescent hue) to my stash. All are so darn pretty and - especially the gold colour, 'Funk' - come in super-handy for festive makeup looks. If you are in the market for a slightly high-end option, though, not too long ago I invested in one of the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliners. These are, as I said, more on the pricier side of things, but if I'm going on the rave reviews I've seen/heard and from what it looks like in the flesh - I'm hoping they will be worth it. There are so many awesome shades in this range - even more than from Collection's range - and though I could (and might still) pick up more colours, after much deliberation, I picked up the shade 'Pyro'. A clear, multi-coloured shimmer - this is exactly the sort of hue I have been after picking up in the glitter eyeliner format for a good while now. No other brand seemed to offer anything like it, so eventually, I plucked up the courage to just go for this one from Urban Decay and *hopefully* I won't regret it. I'm thinking this would be awesome for layering over virtually anything and everything to add some instant sparkle or maybe even as a really poppin' inner-corner highlight. I'll let you know how I get on...

If glitter liners aren't so much appealing to your shimmery side - try just a straight-out, basic Glitter. Nowadays, you can get these from so many brands, places and price-points - which is great considering how important it is to get proper, cosmetic glitter (especially for the eye area). The brand I really like the most when it comes to this department though has to be NYX. Their Face and Body Glitters come in at around a fiver each - for a tonne of glitter too - are great quality and come in basically every shade you'd ever want. I've built up a pretty decently-sized collection so far of all of the shades that have caught my eye initially and I feel they're all rather awesome in some way or another for the festive season too - no matter what kind of eye look you're after creating. From the true 'Gold', to the slightly deeper 'Bronze', the slightly raspberry-toned 'Red' to baby pink 'Rose' and also the gorgeous super-warm, orange-y 'Copper' - there really is something for everyone! However, while they are quite finely-milled glitters, if you're after something even more so that may even verge on the 'pigment' end of the scale - try the Barry M Fine Glitter Dusts. They're - as I said - super fine and delicate in texture and so, maybe if you're perhaps a little scared or intimidated of the whole glitter thang and want to dip your toes in gently, or even if you just want something a little less chunky and glittery - these may just be the thing for you. I have a few different shades - 'Crimson' (a - you guessed it - crimson pink), 'Yellow Gold' (a super bright, yellow-based gold) and 'Gold Iridescent' (a lighter, pearly gold) - and all of them are super-pretty, super-pigmented and just so shimmery and sparkly. Oooh. And they're, again, really affordable too. What more could you want? Now, I guess the thing you're all wondering right now is - 'ok, but what am I meant to use to stick this loose, messy glitter on with?' And my answer is - a Glitter Primer. A clear, sticky formulation that you apply before a glitter and helps to stick it down and keep it in place. I personally have one in my collection that I love and works super well is the NYX Glitter Primer. It's affordable, easy to access and does the job amazingly well. Job done.

So, I hope this post has maybe helped or inspired any of you lovely lot when it comes to all things glittery in the eye department. Glitter is awesome all times of the year - but especially over the festive season - and so I really do hope this has perhaps provided a few handy tips 'n' tricks when it comes to the types of glitter you can get, and how it's best to apply and - most importantly - keep it in place. Cause ain't nobody got time for their glitter to be going here, there and everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS